Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • FET - number of embryos to transfer (child ment)
    • Tas (Login Tasmin2)
      Posted Apr 28, 2012 1:57 PM

Hi everyone. I have searched these boards and know already that transferring a single 5d blast is best when a singleton is preferred. However, I hope you might consider my scenario and give me your thoughts. This has been tormenting me to say the least.

I am 47 and have a 1.5y toddler from a fresh 5d two blast DE transfer. I did an eSET FET this past month which was BFN. I have 4 5d blasts of good quality remaining, all frozen individually. I am at CNYFC. Yup, thats the place with the abysmal 16% success rate for FET in 2010 (anecdotally about 20% currently). At a clinic with decent frozen stats I would not hesitate to do another eSET. But here I am just not sure. As you know, it is hard emotionally, physically, financially and time consuming to repeat unsuccessful cycles. I am not getting any younger. But, even though CNY stats are poor they still produce a lot of multiples. And I believe singletons are safer (no criticism intended here of anyone who thinks otherwise).

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement