Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • FET - number of embryos to transfer (child ment)
    • Tas (Login Tasmin2)
      Posted Apr 28, 2012 1:57 PM

Hi everyone. I have searched these boards and know already that transferring a single 5d blast is best when a singleton is preferred. However, I hope you might consider my scenario and give me your thoughts. This has been tormenting me to say the least.

I am 47 and have a 1.5y toddler from a fresh 5d two blast DE transfer. I did an eSET FET this past month which was BFN. I have 4 5d blasts of good quality remaining, all frozen individually. I am at CNYFC. Yup, thats the place with the abysmal 16% success rate for FET in 2010 (anecdotally about 20% currently). At a clinic with decent frozen stats I would not hesitate to do another eSET. But here I am just not sure. As you know, it is hard emotionally, physically, financially and time consuming to repeat unsuccessful cycles. I am not getting any younger. But, even though CNY stats are poor they still produce a lot of multiples. And I believe singletons are safer (no criticism intended here of anyone who thinks otherwise).

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)