Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • details
    • green.elephant (Login green.elephant)
      Posted May 28, 2012 10:42 AM

I had my first transfer in March - like you, I never did IVF so I didn't know what to expect. It was the same as my mock transfer except for a few things: full bladder, different waiting area (more sterile), valium to relax my uterus, and the actual transfer was done in a sterile room - tv screen in corner with a pic of my embryo, calming music, dark room - hair net & booties. The transfer was quick and pain free - I thought a lot about my donor who had been there just a few days prior and how much more involved her procedure was. Then they wheeled me back to my waiting area where I hung out with my husband. I had to lay flat for 30 (?) minutes - after 15 they offered me a bedpan - I had every intention to hold it, but oh goodness, they made me drink so much water I was about to burst, and I had to lay there another 30 minutes or so, so I gave in and felt so much better. After my rest period was up they made me get in a wheelchair and took me out to the curb where my husband picked me up - then I went home and laid in bed for 2 days... Hope all the info helps - Good luck - It's very exciting - and you're right, it's a pretty simple procedure!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement