Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • details
    • green.elephant (Login green.elephant)
      Posted May 28, 2012 10:42 AM

I had my first transfer in March - like you, I never did IVF so I didn't know what to expect. It was the same as my mock transfer except for a few things: full bladder, different waiting area (more sterile), valium to relax my uterus, and the actual transfer was done in a sterile room - tv screen in corner with a pic of my embryo, calming music, dark room - hair net & booties. The transfer was quick and pain free - I thought a lot about my donor who had been there just a few days prior and how much more involved her procedure was. Then they wheeled me back to my waiting area where I hung out with my husband. I had to lay flat for 30 (?) minutes - after 15 they offered me a bedpan - I had every intention to hold it, but oh goodness, they made me drink so much water I was about to burst, and I had to lay there another 30 minutes or so, so I gave in and felt so much better. After my rest period was up they made me get in a wheelchair and took me out to the curb where my husband picked me up - then I went home and laid in bed for 2 days... Hope all the info helps - Good luck - It's very exciting - and you're right, it's a pretty simple procedure!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)