Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • barge... one more thing to add (preg/mc ment)
    • (Login leigh74)
      Posted Jun 22, 2012 2:08 PM

Hope has been an inspiration to me as well! I always look forward to her positive, motivational posts and take a lot of comfort in her words... happy.gif

As a natural pessimist, the overall attitude of optimism is a tough one for me. Although I choose to view myself as a realist and not a pessimist (semantics, I know), the result is basically the same - I'm constantly trying to shield myself from major let-down by always expecting the worst. Of course, I'm very pleasantly surprised and happy when the worst doesn't happen, but I tell myself that at least I'm prepared for it if it does. Honestly, it's a crappy way to live!

One thing Hope suggested to me a few months ago was to get into the habit of doing daily positive affirmations. This may sound silly to some, but I do believe strongly in the power of self-talk - the things you say (and think!) about yourself are quite powerful and will eventually shape your attitude about life. I wrote some affirmations when I was newly pregnant and in constant fear that I would lose my babies, just like I had every other time before. (I posted them here a while back, so I won't do it again, but you can search if you're interested). 3 months later, I still have them taped to my bathroom mirror. I don't say them word-for-word anymore, but I say some version of them either in my head or out loud every single day. Even if the positive words relax me for 10 minutes, it's enough. And though I did lose one of the babies, I continued to say the affirmations during the time of that miscarriage and they helped me tremendously...

Good luck!
      Leigh
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement