Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • barge... one more thing to add (preg/mc ment)
    • (Login leigh74)
      Posted Jun 22, 2012 2:08 PM

Hope has been an inspiration to me as well! I always look forward to her positive, motivational posts and take a lot of comfort in her words... happy.gif

As a natural pessimist, the overall attitude of optimism is a tough one for me. Although I choose to view myself as a realist and not a pessimist (semantics, I know), the result is basically the same - I'm constantly trying to shield myself from major let-down by always expecting the worst. Of course, I'm very pleasantly surprised and happy when the worst doesn't happen, but I tell myself that at least I'm prepared for it if it does. Honestly, it's a crappy way to live!

One thing Hope suggested to me a few months ago was to get into the habit of doing daily positive affirmations. This may sound silly to some, but I do believe strongly in the power of self-talk - the things you say (and think!) about yourself are quite powerful and will eventually shape your attitude about life. I wrote some affirmations when I was newly pregnant and in constant fear that I would lose my babies, just like I had every other time before. (I posted them here a while back, so I won't do it again, but you can search if you're interested). 3 months later, I still have them taped to my bathroom mirror. I don't say them word-for-word anymore, but I say some version of them either in my head or out loud every single day. Even if the positive words relax me for 10 minutes, it's enough. And though I did lose one of the babies, I continued to say the affirmations during the time of that miscarriage and they helped me tremendously...

Good luck!
      Leigh
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)