Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: @ DeeinNYC...Immune ?
    • DeeinNYC (no login)
      Posted Jul 19, 2012 8:49 AM

Hi Violet,

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I wish the same for you. I'm so happy that you were able to see Dr. B and get the testing done. I made the decision to forgo Dq-Alpha/HLA testing because the treatment for this either would be either Neupogen or IVIG, neither of which I could afford if my insurance did not cover it. My Dr gives 25x's the normal intralipid dosage which he says has been as effective for most as IVIG. I also should have mentioned that my Dr was very doubtful that this was my issue. Part of the reason is that he ready had my other immune tests including NK assay. God forbid my donor cycle does not work, I would likely do that testing just for completion and try to figure out how to afford the Neupogen and/or IVIG. SIRM administers intralipids on site for their patients so it's easy to do there. The intralipids themselves are only about $25 at Freedom Pharmacy. The trick is finding someone to infuse them. My insurance thankfully covers this cost. I have heard of people using Walgreens Infusion Center to have a nurse come to them to give the infusion. I think the price depends upon where you are in the country. I also know if people that use a visiting nurse for a couple of hundred dollars to do the infusion. I would ask the ladies on the yahoo board for suggestions on how to save on buying these products.

As far as the single embryo issue, that is what Dr. Sher at SIRM recommends for people with a partial match. The idea is that if you transfer more, a matching embryo might be in the batch and therefore trigger an immune response. I was in a group with a lady that had a partial match and was only successful when she transferred a single embryo. Here is a blog entry of his explaining things:

http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/dq-alpha-matching-in-ivf-controversy/

Now, I'm no great fan of Dr Sher's. I believe that he is wrong when he says that a 100% match can only be treated with surrogacy or donor sperm. Dr. Braverman has had success in these cases with Neupogen and others have also had success in these situations.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)