Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Donor embryos
    • mary (Login parothead)
      Posted Aug 15, 2012 8:27 AM

Check with some clinics and ask if they have a donor embryo pool. A lot of clinics Have a pool of embryos that thier patients end up not useing because they have completed thier families. Some have a wait list but sometimes they are only a few months long. it will take that long do your pre-testing and consult. Start with clinics locally and go out from there. I ended up at Cooper in NJ. I don't know how far away you are but they are used to working with out of town patients. I looked into Miracles Waiting but at my age I wasn't a "pretty candidate" and didn't get much response.A lot of States have different laws concerning embryo adoption from just requireing a notorized consent form signed to a full blown adoption. Check with a clinic in that state to verify first as alot of time and cost can go into the later.The other issue to consider is do how much contact you want with the donateing parents. I was always afraid of them someday showing up on my door step and introducing them selves to my child so I was never comfortable with an open adoption.A private adoption also involves a lot more expenses. The cost of legal contracts, shipping of the embryos and FDA testing of the donors.If you adopt from a clinic all identities stay anonyomous and you avoid alot of the administrative costs.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)