Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: DeeNYC...question about Dr. Toledo
    • DeeinNYC (no login)
      Posted Aug 15, 2012 2:12 PM

Hi,

First of all, I hope you are wrong and your current FET works!! FX!!

As for Dr. To.ledo, yes, I did wait for him because I heard that he was well versed in immune issues. I had to wait two and half months for an appt. However, a week after my consult, I found out that RBA instituted a new policy whereby the use of intralipids will void the guarantee of two high quality embryos. That pretty much took away the reasoning for seeing To.ledo for me. Just a week earlier Dr. To.ledo had given me a protocol that included intralipids, prednisone, Lovenox and baby aspirin which I was very happy with. So yes, I feel he addressed these issues but was/is being hampered by the policies of the clinic. He is not as well versed in these issues as my Dr at SIRM but he also does not poo-poo or discount them like other Dr.'s.

I don't think Sh.apiro for instance is a fan of immune treatments and likely will not give you Lovenox as a prophylatic measure for immune issues but will likely give it to you for clotting issues. I am compound heterozygous for MTHFR so I'm not sure if that is why To.ledo agreed to give me Lovenox. That being said, if I had to do it over again, knowing what I know now, I would likely just see Sh.apiro. You have to know however that I was not happy at all about my transfer with Dr. To.ledo so this is one of the main reasons I feel this way and I am biased right now and not ok with what took place. On the other hand, Dr. To.ledo is a sweetheart. Really and truly. He also has a great staff. I have not heard as many nice things about Sh.apiro and his staff. In fact, I have heard some not so nice things. Still and all, Sh.apirohe could be an evil gremlin for all I care...just get me pregnant!! LOL AFM..not sure when I will go back. Likely later in the year.

As for teh HW's...I have been faithfully watching the NY HW's!! Love the new additions..except...HEATHER!! URGH!! BTW..did you see that Luanne might use donor eggs? It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I stopped watching the NJ ladies..just TOO much drama for me!!! LOL
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement