Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I did the 3:1 option at SG and could not be happier! (preg,children, success ment)
    • Veesha (no login)
      Posted Aug 30, 2012 10:23 PM

Others might feel differently, but I feel the 3:1 option is the best. I feel that they are really careful not to overstimulated the ED so I don't think most cycles have a huge retrieval. Someone who did the 2:1 program could speak on this better, but I am not convinced that just because there are 2 recipients instead of 3 that a retrieval would produce a lot more eggs to divvy up. It just doesn't make good financial sense for the clinic.

Here's what I can say about our experience:

We did 2 cycles at SG. The complete match needed to go forward were made quickly on each cycle. On the 1st cycle, I was the 3rd to get on board, and I was afraid I would lose her because I had seen other EDs be taken off the board so quickly (after a match was made). I think the match was made in 2 or 3 days.

That cycle I was the 3rd recipient in the split (I think position is important especially since you could get dropped after retrieval if there aren't enough eggs to go around). We got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and by day 3 only 2 looked like anything worth transferring (they were pretty poor quality embryos).

So at the dr's suggestion (not a vote of confidence, to say the least) we transferred 2. We got a BFN on that cycle.

No frosties were left, so on to a new ED. On the 2nd cycle, I was the 1st person, to commit, and I had my eye on this young lady for a few days, but was concerned about her age (she was 31), and the fact that she was not proven by cycling standards (she is the mother of 2 children, one of them being 2 at the time). In the end, after great advice from my board buds, I selected her, and by the day's end the match was complete.

I had the number 1 spot in the split this time. At retrieval, there were 10 eggs harvested. We got 5, recipient #2 got 5 and recipient #3 was canceled. 4 fertilized again, I felt like, "Oh no! Here we go again!" but this time 2 looked outstanding.

We transferred 1 on day 5 (the dr urged against 2 because she said, and I quote, "There is definitely a baby in 1 if not both of those blastocysts."). She was right...our little miracle is sleeping on my lap as I type with 1 hand). The other blast was frozen on day 6 and my dh and I are trying to figure out when we'll try again)

I can't tell you how grateful I am to SG for helping us find our daughter. I never knew that my heart was so desperately searching for her until I looked into her eyes and held her for the 1st time.

Also we were out of state recipients, but we trusted the opinions of the ladies on this board so much that we left the local clinic where we had started a 1:1 cycle, only for the ED to pull out.

Hold ontoyour dream, future beauty! I know that it will happen for you. And with SG's shared risk program, you know it's in the clinic's best financial interest to help you get pregnant quickly. Also know that they don't accept everyone into the program, so when the do they feel it's a pretty sure bet that they can help you get pregnant.

Your time is close...JUST HOLD ON!!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement