Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Intralipids are just soybean oil and egg
    • waiting4u (Login LB13)
      Posted Sep 6, 2012 11:43 PM

product, mostly. It's a fatty substance. There are no side effects at all from Intralipids. I have high cholesterol so I actually asked if it was going to raise my cholesterol level having all that egg and oil pumped into me. The nurse didn't seem to think it would, and since I didn't get pg, I only did it once and didn't have to address that issue. (I also googled to find out how many calories it was to see if I had to cut back on food that day. happy.gif It wasn't as much as I thought it would be.) (I should also add that I am not convinced of the efficacy of Intralipids at all and wouldn't do them again - but this is a different topic.) As far as lovenox or heparin - I echo what the others have said. Blood thinners are serious medicine - even though quite a lot of us have used them for fertility purposes. I had bruising at the injection site (belly) and no other side effects - but I didn't get pg and so wasn't on it long. More serious side effects can depend on your individual health - it can cause stroke, for example, in some people. But I don't want to throw around serious complications and scare you. Just discuss it with your doctor so you know what the risks are. I didn't think there was enough of a risk to use it (I used heparin.) And I will use it again during my next cycle.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)