Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Intralipids are just soybean oil and egg
    • waiting4u (Login LB13)
      Posted Sep 6, 2012 11:43 PM

product, mostly. It's a fatty substance. There are no side effects at all from Intralipids. I have high cholesterol so I actually asked if it was going to raise my cholesterol level having all that egg and oil pumped into me. The nurse didn't seem to think it would, and since I didn't get pg, I only did it once and didn't have to address that issue. (I also googled to find out how many calories it was to see if I had to cut back on food that day. happy.gif It wasn't as much as I thought it would be.) (I should also add that I am not convinced of the efficacy of Intralipids at all and wouldn't do them again - but this is a different topic.) As far as lovenox or heparin - I echo what the others have said. Blood thinners are serious medicine - even though quite a lot of us have used them for fertility purposes. I had bruising at the injection site (belly) and no other side effects - but I didn't get pg and so wasn't on it long. More serious side effects can depend on your individual health - it can cause stroke, for example, in some people. But I don't want to throw around serious complications and scare you. Just discuss it with your doctor so you know what the risks are. I didn't think there was enough of a risk to use it (I used heparin.) And I will use it again during my next cycle.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement