<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

YIKES, has anyone seen this re: Patricia Heaton on stem cells/donor eggs??

October 30 2006 at 6:20 PM
Alison  (no login)

Patricia Heaton speaks out against paid egg donation in a Missouri political ad... she says lower-income women will be "seduced by big checks" and that egg donation is "dangerous, complicated, and painful" - WTF??? So how have hundreds of thousands of women undergone IVF so readily? Same thing, dunce! (Oh that's right, she's against that, too...) I've always tried to ignore her but now I've had it. I just sent Albertsons a letter saying I'll never set foot in Albertsons/Savon again due to their association with such an ignorant, callous woman.

http://www.teambio.org/2006/10/patricia-heaton-loves-raymond-but-hates-stem-cells/

Best,
Alison

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Piper
(Login Piper1111)

There is a discussion of this on the high fsh board as well-

October 30 2006, 6:31 PM 

the next comment in this ad is that 25 women have died as a result of egg donation-

Respond to this message   
DE mom to twins
(no login)

Re: YIKES, has anyone seen this re: Patricia Heaton on stem cells/donor eggs??

October 30 2006, 6:35 PM 

How many egg retrivals has she gone through????? I honestly never found it to be very painful, not nearly as painful as breaking a toe. complicated?? seems to me anything that you are in and out of in a couple of hours can't be the hardest thing that they have done that day.

What do these people think that poor women are stupid? and all they see is $$$?? Talk about putting a group of women down.

As far as I know no one puts themeself through this just to give the eggs to stem cell research

Molly

Respond to this message   
Kalar
(Login Kalar)

Yes, I heard this too

October 30 2006, 7:10 PM 

Sure didn't stop her from advertising the plastic surgery she had several years ago, which she said was needed after having (I think) four children!!! Sure is easier to judge when you are standing on the other side of the fence!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

This Stem Cell Debate Drives Me Nuts

October 30 2006, 7:58 PM 

I can't understand how a certain group in our country can be opposed to Stem Cell Research????? They argue that we shouldn't use embryos to further stem cell research. People - those embryos are being discarded with or without stem cell research. How come I don't hear this group complaining about all of the embryos that are being discarded every year?????? It's ok to dump the embryos but it's not ok to try and find treatments or cures for diseases?? I would much rather see these embryos put to good use (and used for research) then end up in the trash where they benefit no one.
I think if more people witnessed what people with terminal or life altering illnesses had to go through there would be much more support for this. Or, if Laura Bush was diagnosed with alzheimers or parkinson's, I'm sure George would rethink his position on this.

Respond to this message   
anonymous
(no login)

True about Laura Bush

November 7 2006, 11:34 AM 

That is so true about Laura Bush- Nancy Reagan changed her mind about stem cell research when Pres. Reagan got Alzeimhers.

Respond to this message   
Maya3
(Login Maya3)

Speaking of "dangerous, complicated, and painful"...

October 30 2006, 10:12 PM 

More people have died from complications of plastic surgery than have ever died from egg donation. The recovery time is longer and MUCH more painful (for days or weeks), and there's a much greater risk of injury. I guess the difference is that SHE wanted to do the plastic surgery (which makes it okay), whereas OTHER women want to do egg donation. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Maya

Respond to this message   
jane14
(no login)

I also sent 2 emails to Albertsons/Savon

October 30 2006, 7:54 PM 

Hey Alison,
I sent an email they responded by saying she has the right to free speech, and I sent another back sating so do I and am using my purse as a mouth piece. They didn't reply.
I have asked all my family.friends to write to Albertsons/Savon/CVS and to boycott their stores ynril the relationship with her is ended.
Jane

Respond to this message   
Alison
(no login)

Me too; I just cut up my Albertsons preferred card as I won't be shopping there again

October 30 2006, 8:15 PM 

Since I can't take it out on her, I'll just have to take it out on those who pay her . Best,
Alison

Respond to this message   
Belen
(no login)

Lol -- good reply! /nt

October 30 2006, 9:07 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Belen
(no login)

question

October 30 2006, 9:09 PM 

what is her relation with cvs?

Respond to this message   
Alison
(no login)

Response - affiliated stores attached

October 30 2006, 9:29 PM 

Hey Belen, I'm crossing the rest of these off my shopping list too, including CVS. Thank goodness I have a Safeway down the street, LOL. Best,
Alison

Sale to Supervalu, CVS, Cerberus

On January 23, 2006, Supervalu, CVS/pharmacy, and an investment group led by Cerberus Capital Management announced they had agreed to acquire Albertsons for $17.4 billion in cash, stock and debt assumption.

As of June 2, 2006, the company's retail stores have been divided as follows:

Supervalu has acquired 1124 stores in the deal, including:
Acme (134 locations)
Acme Express, Jewel Express, and Albertsons Express (107 fuel centers)
Albertsons (564 locations in Southern California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming) - New Albertsons Inc.
Bristol Farms (11 locations)
Jewel and Jewel-Osco (198 locations)
Lazy Acres (1 location)
Max Foods (4 locations) (3 converted into Lucky, 1 closed in July 2006)
Osco Pharmacy and Sav-on Pharmacy (906 pharmacies)
Save-A-Lot (2 stores franchised by Shaw's)
Shaw's (188 locations)
Star Market (20 locations)
Super Saver Foods (1 location)
Distribution centers (11 centers)
CVS has acquired all (approximately 702) of the stand-alone Osco Drug and Sav-on Drugs rebranding them all as CVS/pharmacy, though they are closing approximately 100 of the acquired stores.
The Cerberus-led group acquired:
Albertsons (655 locations in Arizona, Northern California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas) - Albertsons LLC
County Line Liquors (1 location)
Grocery Warehouse (1 location)
Jewel-Osco (2 locations)
Max Foods (2 locations)
Super Saver Foods (2 locations)

Respond to this message   
Jade
(no login)

What is her relation to CVS???? nt

October 31 2006, 1:22 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Alison
(no login)

CVS and Supervalu bought Albertsons - nt

October 31 2006, 6:35 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Cindy
(Login CindyNYC)

Re: YIKES, has anyone seen this re: Patricia Heaton on stem cells/donor eggs??

October 30 2006, 8:19 PM 

She's against IVF too?

Respond to this message   
Alison
(no login)

Yup, she's head of a big right-to-life group. nt

October 30 2006, 8:42 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Delurker
(no login)

Wow I never knew she was such an idiot

October 30 2006, 8:39 PM 

Right, she had HER 4 children. Likes to promote her SURGERY to repair herself physically after her children. Ahole, people die from plastic surgery everyday too, but she can promote that. SOmeone needs to slap her. This infuriates me, she is uneducated and never had a retrieval in her life. I have had 6 and not one hurt, at all. I have had more painful pimples and toothaches in my life. What an uneducated idiot.

Respond to this message   
Alison
(no login)

Major idiot. LOL, I agree, I've had pimples that hurt worse than my ER, too!

October 30 2006, 8:43 PM 

And the drugs were good so all in all, the day of my ER was really quite pleasant . Best, Alison

Respond to this message   
KellyNY
(no login)

All I can say is : Stay in Missouri cause you won't maker it in NY lol

October 30 2006, 11:06 PM 

N/T

Respond to this message   
Cindy
(Login CindyNYC)

Re: All I can say is : Stay in Missouri cause you won't maker it in NY lol

October 30 2006, 11:25 PM 

I had no idea she's such an imbecile. Maybe she should have plastic surgery for those floppy elephant ears!

This message has been edited by CindyNYC on Oct 30, 2006 11:30 PM

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement