<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BFN at 13dp5dt.....

July 13 2007 at 2:38 PM
  (Login Sweetbluess)

for me. I feel so sad and devastated. I just don't understand this. How can 3 blasts be placed and turn up neg? I just don't get it. It's probably my crappy, "mottled" looking uterus I made. We have 9 frosties and two of them are blasts. I just can't even think about treking back to the Ukraine to do this again. How do you woman keep so strong to do this again and again? I'm 46 and I just don't know if I have the emotional energy this stuff takes. I want this so bad. My DP does not want to adopt and we just can't afford it! That's why I choose Ukraine b/c it was affordable.

I would love to hear some encouraging thoughts. Thanks for being here for me.. Carolann xx

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
HollyPa
(no login)

I'm sorry Carolann

July 13 2007, 2:47 PM 

It just sucks. Please know I'm thinking about you and it's alright to feel devasted and sad. But...you have 9 frosties (awesome) and just keep thinking your baby is one of those embies!

(((hugs))))

Holly

Respond to this message   

(Login bellabova)

Sorry Carolann but don't give up.

July 13 2007, 2:50 PM 

If you've made it this far you're way stronger than you think right now. Don't know your story but I'm sure you'll feel differently after you heal from this loss.

Big hugs and prayers for you.

Robyn

Respond to this message   
finallybabe
(no login)

so sorry (pg ment)

July 13 2007, 3:26 PM 

most of us have "been there" in that we have had BFN's before BFP's. I know exactly how you are feeling now, and I wish there was something I could say to make it better right NOW. The only think I can say is, if you decide to continue (and you are one of the fortunate ones, to have frosties) I wish you strength and much success!

For us, we decided to keep trying until we saw no new reason to go on -- this involved the numerous, IUIs, two GIFT procedures, two IVFs with my eggs, and a DE attempt before a second DE attempt was successful. There were a couple of BFN FETs with my embies, too. The only reason we did the second DE attempt was because we had found I might have immune issues, which I did. But I was SO close to giving up.

I hope you take time to grieve this cycle, but that you also come to the point where you have energy for an FET. I really feel for you, and will keep thinking of you and sending success vibes.

fb

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Carolann

July 13 2007, 3:27 PM 

I'm so sorry about your BFN ... was it a beta or an hpt? I think it's so great that you have frosties - I have none, and I hear you about the $$. You don't need to think about your next step just yet, give yourself time to get over this. Thinking of you, -Emily, 7dp3dt

Respond to this message   
Colleen
(no login)

So sorry Carolann nt

July 13 2007, 3:42 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Kenny
(Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

((Carolann,)) so sorry to hear this

July 13 2007, 4:13 PM 

Please give yourself time to heal before you think about how much it will suck to do this again - these BFNs, esp with DE which is supposed to WORK, are soooo tough. Be kind to yourself. I'm so sorry for your news. RE: adoption... if it ever becomes necessary, which is a big leap to take right now, then give your dp time. My dh did NOT want to adopt (and truth be told, it was not my preference either). But, after our second failed DE cycle, we both came around and pursued that. Had DE #3 not worked, we were well on our way and I think we both would have become excited at that prospect too. Sometimes one door has to close before another can open. I so hope your DE journey is successful, but remember that there is always another path to parenthood out there. I'm saying this not because I think you should give up or that you will be unsuccessful with DE, but because it always calmed to remember that I WILL become a mother, however it happens . Big hugs,
Kenny

Respond to this message   

(no login)

So sorry

July 13 2007, 4:14 PM 

i think you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for. I am so sorry about this BFN. I know how badly you want this. A lot of people here have had success w/ an FET after a failed fresh. I am doing FET right now and have searched for success stories on the pink board. There are a lot of them there. (((HUGS))) I hope you get your BFP w/ your next cycle.

Respond to this message   
SAgirl
(Login brandygg)

I am sorry!

July 13 2007, 4:40 PM 

This is so difficult, but it still could be too early. We have been ttc for 11 years and I truely don't know how I have had the energy with the constant disappointment. Two years ago I had brain surgery which took a year to recover from. It is funny how the mind and body heals. After this grueling surgery, I swore I was never going to have another medical procedure including ivf etc again. Well that soon changed and I did 2 ivfs with my own eggs after that and then finally got my first BFP using donor egg only to have a chem pg. God I thought I was going to die from a broken heart and swore that I was never going to try again. That too has changed. I am busy planning my next cycle. I am 44 in August and can understand the sense of urgency you have. I really hope you can come up with a plan B which will help you heal, but you never know. You could still get that BFP.
Take care
Brandy (Durban, South Africa)

Respond to this message   
Charlotte
(Login cltgrl)

I'm sorry Carolann

July 13 2007, 5:27 PM 

this part sucks..and it doesn't make any sense..please take care and I hope you and DP find a way to get through this and press forward to the next round. (((((((HUGS))))))

Charlotte, 41 years old
DH 33 years old
1 ectopic pg lost at 12 weeks 2002
High FSH, Poor Responder
1 Badly damaged left tube
DE IVF in Zlin (hopefully in Sept 2007)

Respond to this message   

(Login sowhidbeylady)

I am so very sorry :(

July 13 2007, 6:43 PM 

I'm pretty new to this, so I don't have much advice...*HUG*

Elaine 45
Bennie 37
Joseph ds1 20
Hunter ds2 8
tubal ligation 98
IVF cycle 05 - failed
tubal reversal 05
suspected ectopic Dec 05 - metho shot
miscarriage July 06
upcoming DE/IVF cycle July 07

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

The courage to change the things I can.

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Respond to this message   
MB
(no login)

Me too

July 13 2007, 8:19 PM 

Very sorry as this just doesn't seem possible, as you said. To have frosties has to give you some hope. Many people who didn't get pg with their fresh, did so with their frosties. Have you explored immune issues? You'll get through this, but I know it's not even close to fair. MB

Respond to this message   
Audrey
(no login)

Thinking of you

July 13 2007, 8:28 PM 

I'm so very sorry, it just plain stinks. I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best when you decide to move forward with the frosties.

Hugs,
Audrey

Respond to this message   
Apple
(no login)

I'm so sorry

July 13 2007, 9:41 PM 

((((((((((Carolann))))))))))))

I'm so sorry. Hugs and healing thoughts and prayers to you.

Regards,
Apple

Respond to this message   
TOBetsy
(Login BetsyTO)

Rats. I am sorry about your BFN.

July 13 2007, 10:03 PM 

I will pray you find a path to try again. ((BIG HUG))

Respond to this message   
MB
(no login)

I'd want some answers

July 14 2007, 10:41 AM 

As I'm sure you will, I'd question. This just doesn't seem possible to me either. I'm so very glad you have frosties. Most of us don't. So very sorry about this cycle, though. Best wishes on your next step. MB

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - BFN at 13dp5dt.....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement