<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

sick in 2ww

August 18 2008 at 8:02 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Hi
Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can take during the 2ww? I visited with my niece and nephew and they shared their juicy cold with me.
Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anon
(no login)

Try and tough it out...

August 18 2008, 8:59 AM 

Depending on the symptoms, if its just a cold you should have relief in 3-4 days. Me personally I would not take anything at all based on my history of infertility. During my 2ww I avoided all drugs unless medically necessary like my blood pressure meds, all chemicals, I even switched shampoos and used baby shampoo. We don't know what makes some people vunlerable and others not during the 2ww. Play it safe if you can tough it out. I am sure you will get other advice indicating what you can take. What ever you take your 2ww old baby or babies will take also. So if you can try and tough it out, drink plenty of fluids such as juice and water, use a humidifer in your room if it will help you to breath better at night.

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(no login)

eww, poor you

August 18 2008, 9:15 AM 

But I have to agree with the previous poster. I wouldn't take anything if it's not necessary. But, actually, I don't really believe cold medicines help anyway. At least they haven't in my experience. But get plenty of rest. Best of luck.

Respond to this message   
Chloe
(no login)

Dr. orders are probably

August 18 2008, 4:50 PM 

a lot of rest, liquids, vitamin C (a lot of it). Maybe tylenol to help with the symptoms but the cold is virus base and will have to take its time to run its course...sorry

A lot of empathy & (((o)))--hope you feel better soon.

Respond to this message   
Dee.S
(no login)

No Vitamin C supplements during pregnancy...

August 18 2008, 4:59 PM 

Big no no, only vitamins allowed are those through supplements, unless you are dangerously deficient in one and your RE recommends suppplementing. I had to come off my extra C a day before I started the cycle.

Respond to this message   
Gwen
(no login)

I would make sure you do not have strep

August 19 2008, 4:00 PM 

I would see your general practitioner. There are a lot of safe meds to take, even in 2ww. You don't want to have a raised temp. Tylenol is fine.

I hope you feel better!

Gwen

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement