From Birdys DH aka IT dude:
Hi there. Here's the deal with Spokeo. Although you may find that photos from your board are available through Spokeo, it
actually gathers only information that is already somehow available to the public. So the thing to do is figure out what site
the photo is on and checking the privacy settings there.
I looked myself up and found a bunch of photos that were on Facebook and picassa. Since I've already set my Facebook settings
so that only friends could see my stuff, I checked Picassa, and, yup, several albums were marked public. So I changed those
settings, and hopefully they will no longer show up when someone searches for me on Spokeo.
In this case, your photos are being stored on PhotoBucket.
To hide photos on PhotoBucket from public view through Spokeo.com or any other similar site.
- Go to www.photobucket.com
- Login with the same username and password you use to access your board. This should get you in.
- You should see your pictures in an album called "[your username]'s Album"
- Look for the "Album Options" button in the upper right corner.
- Click this and click the "edit" link next to "Privacy", which is probably set to "Public"
- Change the setting to "Private"
At this point your photos probably won't be available to anyone on the board. You can click the checkbox for "I would like to
share this album" and set a password. Do NOT use the password you use to log into the board, or any other password you wish to
keep secret, since you'll need to share this with others on the board."
- When you're done, click Save.
- To log off of PhotoBucket, click your username next to the Search Photos box in the upper right, and click Logoff.
DH's disclaimer: How do I, DH, know these steps? I don't, at least not for certain, and am just guessing based on my
experience. I'm guessing that if you've set a guest password on PhotoBucket that others will just be prompted for it when
theytry to view the photo or the post. Also, I'm only assuming that since these photos are public, and Spokeo collects public
data, that making them private will make them unavailable to Spokeo. I hope. Have a lovely d