<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Timing of shots...And general anxiety...INPUT?

January 18 2011 at 5:18 PM
Calm118  (no login)

Hi all...

My RE has recommended that I do my shots (daily lupron and 2x/week Estrogen) in the 7-9pm window...Each time I ask about flexibility with that (for example, have a work dinner next week where having DH do shot is possible - just a little awkward) it seems they don't want to budge too far. Would 6p or 10p make that much difference? What have you been told...? Why would timing matter? If it matters, I will suck it up and do the shot no matter what...just wondering why and what others say...

Also...while I am here...anyone struggling with unrelated anxiety while on lupron/estrogen. I have managed to have minimal headaches and moodiness/irritibility this time...THANK GOD! But for some reason, have bouts of anxiety (unrelated to TTC)...at work, at home...over silliest things. Feeling it now over NOTHING...actually things are going ok so I don't know why?????

Thanks so much for this board...finding great peace here happy.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Calm118
(no login)

Yes my name

January 18 2011, 5:28 PM 

...implies that I am CALM...but that is more a dream than a reality happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

I had the same ? for my clinic.

January 18 2011, 6:29 PM 

I was on daily lupron and they instructed me to do the injections between 7-9 pm. I was doing it around Christmas so the my schedule was erratic. The RN at my clinic told me it was okay to me a little flexible with the timing but not to separate the injections by more than 1 hour from day to day. For example when I was home I usually gave the injections @ 8:30 pm. One night I was not expected to be home until 10 pm so the night before I did the injection at 9:00. Christmas eve we were going to a party and then 10 pm mass. So the couple of days before I backed the injection time up by 1/2 to 1 hour than did the Christmas eve injection @ 6:30 before we left. The RN said it was not okay to give it a 6:30 one night then 10 pm the next night. Sorry I don't know about estrogen injections, I used estrace and an estrodial patch.

The meds definitely made and are still making me moody and anxious. I'm very type A so it doesn't take much. What i found helpful was taking a Mindfulness/Stress management class prior to cycling. Really helped me become more aware of triggers for my anxiety and stress. Didn't take the stress away but now I'm able to recognize it and respond to it instead of reacting to it which is a vicous cycle. The course work was based on the work on John Kabit Zinn who is a guru in the area. He has published several books and some of them are on CD's so you might want to google him. In the class we learned some breathing, meditatation and yoga techniques for stress/anxiety management. these techniques have been very useful (especially last Fri. when I was very nervous and anxious b/c the transfer plan changed from day 5 to day 3. But the thing that was most useful is the awareness I developed and I'm sure you could get that by reading one of his books. I'm reading Wherever You Are, There You Are. It is very good and easy to read. Full Catastrophe Living is suppose to be good too but that is a longer read. Good Luck! Thinking calm is a good first step!

Respond to this message   
Calm118
(no login)

Ton of info!

January 18 2011, 7:18 PM 

Thanks! What you say about the timing makes sense to me...will check on the Estrogen with nurse when I go Thursday...seems logical! Am googling books.cd.classes now! Sounds like a good strategy for me...acupuncture helps me relax a lot (when I am there!). Thank you - sending happy thoughts your way...

Respond to this message   
KellyCA
(no login)

I didn't do my shots at any specific time

January 20 2011, 1:28 AM 

Just at night(sometime during the night). I am now pg with twins so I guess it didn't matter too much:)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Timing of shots...And general anxiety...INPUT?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement