<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I can't believe that for a moment

February 23 2011 at 2:25 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

I was jealous of my husband. The doc's office called to say that his semen analysis was all normal and although I was very happy, for a second i thought: SOB why can't I get news like this about me?

I can't believe I thought that sad.gif.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
New2011
(no login)

You are not alone

February 23 2011, 3:02 PM 

For a split of a second I felt the same way when I heard the "all is excellent" news for his sample analysis.

Yea IF can do that to us happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Aoife1
(Login aoife1)

I have thought that loads of times in the past! (DS mentioned)

February 23 2011, 3:28 PM 

When I was doing OE IVF for years in the past, and each time DH had to be tested and results were "all ok, no issues" I kept thinking 'Yeah, lets just underline YET AGAIN the fact that I'm the one with the problem here' (having high fsh). And immediately in my own mind I then thought how unfair it was that it may be so and he can sit there so smugly, because it was HE who delayed everything for 8yrs by not getting married sooner (I was a traditionalist way back then, but now I am older and wiser and realise that I shouldn't have waited).

In the end we got really lucky and conceived our DS whilst waiting our final IVF attempt. Don't get me wrong I love DS to bits, but he is a mini DH in every way, doesn't look one bit like me at all. As I prepare to embark on our first DE cycle, I sometimes feel jealous that again DH wins out and any child we may be lucky enough to have through DE will have a 50% chance of looking like him, whereas for me .....?

I think it's perfectly natural to feel jealous briefly, so long as it doesn't linger. I love DH and my fleeting jealous moments I realise is just me being selfish. I's just that way it is with me though.

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Well . . .

February 23 2011, 4:56 PM 

I remember years before I started ttc, I was at a Bible study where the scripture touched on a figure who couldn't conceive and the anguish it causes her, and the minister said, "Well, I've counseled a number of infertile couples, and I know one thing: [with irony] it's always the woman's fault!" Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Orchid
(no login)

my husband has superhuman sperm

February 23 2011, 11:40 PM 

And yes it SUCKS that my eggs were not similarly superhuman.

But I guess...considering the alternative...Still, I understand.

I'm pretty jealous he doesn't have to take all these crazy meds too.

Respond to this message   
Dee
(no login)

Re: I can't believe that for a moment

March 1 2011, 8:49 PM 

I'd give anything to get the news that my DH sperm count/quality is normal. Its been a double whammy for us. We are both very infertile. At one time we had to consider DS as well as DE.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - I can't believe that for a moment
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement