<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

anyone prescribed estrogen after transfer?

March 2 2011 at 2:23 PM
wt  (no login)

Hey there,

My doctor still has me on the same amount of estrogen as he did when we were building my lining and I'm almost done with my 2 ww. Is anyone else doing this? I just ran out of my prescription yesterday (although I'm still wearing the patches) and didn't get them refilled since I'm on 1 mm PIO shots every day and that's all we did during my other cycles. Do you think it will cause a problem if I stop taking the estrogen for one day?

Rachel

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Daisy
(Login loochieuk)

You need to continue both estrogen and progesterone

March 2 2011, 2:59 PM 

until you know definitely whether you are pregnant or not. I would be worried about missing even one day as it is an essential hormone for supporting any potential pregnancy. Your body relies completely on artificial hormones to support a pregnancy.

Best,
Daisy
x

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Call your clinic immediately . . .

March 2 2011, 3:05 PM 

Without knowing more, I would be very concerned over missing a day of Estrace, although hopefully the patches will keep you going. But your clinic is who knows what your protocol should be. Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(no login)

It is critical to success that you continue on estrogen. You need it to support the pg.

March 2 2011, 3:36 PM 

I was on it for 8-10 weeks after transfer.

Respond to this message   
wt
(no login)

thank you! thank you!

March 2 2011, 3:47 PM 

I went and got it and took 2 right away. I'll take 2 more before bedtime since I'm supposed to be taking 4 a day. I just assumed that since I never took estrogen on my OE cycles and so many people talked about their doctors reducing their estrogen prior to transfer, that it wouldn't be necessary. But now, I'm back on track hopefully!

Rachel

Respond to this message   
Daisy
(Login loochieuk)

Glad to hear it. Unlike an OE cycle, the body makes none of the

March 2 2011, 4:40 PM 

essential hormones necessary for maintaining a pregnancy which is why you need the estrogen and progesterone for at least 8-12 weeks of a DE pregnancy.

Daisy
xx

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(Login thesameboat)

with your OE cycles your ovaries weren't suppressed

March 3 2011, 6:16 AM 

Try to view DE cycles as if they were FETs (not natural FETs though). Glad you're fine. Good luck!

Respond to this message   
minniet
(Login minniet)

Agree with the others

March 2 2011, 6:50 PM 

You will want to stay on some dose of estrogen after transfer, you need the added boost. Keep your patches on and yes, I would check with your nurse or doc stat and demand a call back today -- it's worth it.

Respond to this message   
Pandora
(Login Pandora-VA)

oh yes! (pg ment)

March 2 2011, 7:56 PM 

I am so glad you got your prescription filled and are back on track!  My clinic has me continuing to take estrogen until I get to 12 weeks.   It tapers down as time goes on but you definitely want to continue it in the 2WW and beyond.  Best of luck.

Pandora

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - anyone prescribed estrogen after transfer?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement