<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

big scare but some good news

March 5 2011 at 1:46 PM
wt  (no login)

This morning I woke up and the whole room was moving and kept moving and moving and moving. I checked whether there was an earthquake but nothing else was moving, just my head. Then, I started throwing up and almost passed out a couple of times. Anyway, they sent me to the hospital in an ambulance where I had bloodwork, ultrasound, and a neurological workup. They think it was a reaction to all the estrogen I'm on. I have to stay home until Wed. and they gave me a prescription for an anti-emetic, which completely stopped the room spinning.

The good news is that my HcG is now 1600 so more than doubled. They didn't see a baby sac yet but things are looking good.

Anyone else ever an estrogen reaction like that?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
margolis
(Login margolis)

I did get an awful dizzy spell like that.

March 5 2011, 2:03 PM 

I was trying to get up from the bed and everything starting spinning to where I couldn't tell up from down. Like an awful sense of vertigo or something. I couldn't stand. I just got back in bed and laid down. It was all I could do. Thank goodness I didn't throw up, because I couldn't move, as I couldn't tell up from down. So it would have been all over myself. But, mine went away pretty quickly, so no need for the trip to the hospital. It only happened once, and then again, a bit more mildly another time. That one was over very quickly. I was seeing my RE that day of the first episode. He wasn't too worried about it, but I can't remember if he decreased some of my estrogen. I was on a lot of estrogen as I had lining issues.

I hope you feel better.

ETA: I forgot to type the most important part of the message. Congratulations!

This message has been edited by margolis on Mar 5, 2011 2:07 PM

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(no login)

Good grief!

March 5 2011, 4:06 PM 

How much are you on?! No, I never had a problem like that with any of my many, many cycles, but heck, it's made up for by that fantastic Beta!! Congratulions!

I sincerely hope you're already feeling better and that you have a healthy and uneventful 35 weeks ahead of you!

Respond to this message   
Daisy
(Login loochieuk)

Could this not be a pregnancy symptom?? Daisy

March 5 2011, 5:33 PM 

I had extreme dizziness with one of my pregnancies at the very early stage only....

This message has been edited by loochieuk on Mar 5, 2011 5:34 PM

Respond to this message   
wt
(no login)

more than dizzy (preg ment)

March 6 2011, 6:31 AM 

well, they originally thought it might be a pregnancy symptom but the fact that it was so strong (I really couldn't tell up from down like I was in a huge gyroscope), and kept going on and on for about an hour and a half, coupled with the fact that i'm wearing 4 patches and taking 4 pills per day made them decide it was the estrogen. Both doctors said that taking the amount of estrogen I'm taking is like drinking a bottle of rum in one day. Either way, they aren't cutting back my estrogen, just trying to keep me hydrated and said i can take the anti-emetic if I start to feel any symptoms. I'm hoping it is the estrogen since they will eventually cut that back but I hope the pg will go on for a lot longer.

Respond to this message   
Orchid
(no login)

why do you need so much estrogen?

March 6 2011, 1:10 PM 

That's a lot of estrogen!

CRAZY stuff can happen when you are pregnant.

That sounds like an inner ear thing but I think stuff like that can happen in the brain as well.

Respond to this message   
Orchid
(no login)

PS I'm glad you are OK...you have a great attitude!!!!

March 6 2011, 1:11 PM 

It just sounds like such a flukey thing. But I would have been a little freaked and it sounds like you handled it like a champ.

Respond to this message   
wt
(no login)

that's what it took to get my lining up

March 6 2011, 1:54 PM 

and even with all that, I only got 8.5. THe good news is that I've been feeling fine since then so I hope it was just a one time deal. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a little downtime. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
keifel
(no login)

yes, I've had vertigo that bad, but

March 6 2011, 1:38 PM 

it was related to a whiplash injury. I used to get it once and awhile (fortunately, very infrequently now, and much less severe). Also, muscle relaxants would trigger it. Meclizine (sp), aka anti-vert, would help with the nausea and basically just make me sleep it off. I hope that it isn't recurring for you... it's pretty awful (unerstatement!)

Respond to this message   

(Login arive)

I had a head injury and got vertigo like that also n/t

March 6 2011, 1:49 PM 

Respond to this message   
Kenny
(Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

This happens to me, it sounds like my vertigo attacks, too... (pg)

March 6 2011, 5:12 PM 

It's much worse for me in pg; when non-pg, my "episodes" have become much less common than they used to be. For some reason the pg hormones really trigger it though. Vertigo is just an imbalance in the inner ear fluid - I'd roll over in bed and I guess turn my head just so, trigger it out of nowhere, wake myself by then rolling out of bed and/or vomiting sad.gif. It's SO not fun. I've taken anti-vert for this too (haven't tried it when pg though so ask a dr), but basically that just renders you unconscious so you don't have to live with it LOL, doesn't help you actually get up and go on about your day!! Unfortunately just have to wait for it to go away - if that's what it is. Sure sounds like it to me, though. Hope it's gone soon!! Best,
Kenny

Respond to this message   
wt
(no login)

wow, so sorry...

March 6 2011, 9:38 PM 

to hear that you've been living with that, Kenny. It must be so hard not knowing when it's coming on. I hope that you're able to keep it under control.

Respond to this message   
Lu
(no login)

I had a bout of dizziness, but nothing in comparison

March 6 2011, 6:17 PM 

to you!!! For me it was actually the day after transfer. I had gotten up in the morning and was getting a little something to eat. Suddenly the room was spinning and I was sweating perfusely, I knew if I didn't sit I would be going down! I talked to my RE's office about it, they thought my body might just be readjusting after a day of strict bedrest. My estrogen had been decreased a bunch at that point. Anywho, I am glad you are ok. It sounds like it was pretty bad:( I hope that was the first and last of that.
Most importantly- Awesome 2nd beta!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!1
Lu

Respond to this message   
wt
(no login)

thanks all for your kind concern!

March 6 2011, 9:42 PM 

I've been feeling a lot better and I also think in retrospect, it might have had something to do with hydration. I take two estrogen pills at night but I usually also have a couple big glasses of water when I go to bed but Friday night, I only had a small glass of milk instead. I think maybe that contributed to the estrogen reaction. No recurrence so far so I'm hopeful that if I keep drinking my water and keep an eye on the symptoms, I should be okay.

Again, thanks for all he kind messages,
Rachel

Respond to this message   
Brenda
(no login)

scary but great strong beta there!!

March 7 2011, 6:45 PM 

congrats on that beta!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - big scare but some good news
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement