<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Just a reminder to remember to post headings.

March 14 2011 at 7:45 AM
thesameboat  (no login)

If your post mentions a pregnancy or child, please consider those who may not be in a place where they can read about it without hurting. Post a heading 'baby mentioned, child mentioned', etc.

I'm guilty of it, too. I'm just noticing we're forgetting a lot more now than in the past and we don't want to cause anyone pain.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
margolis
(Login margolis)

thanks for this reminder

March 14 2011, 8:05 AM 

I am sure that I am guilty of this, and I might have gotten more lax about it lately. But you are so right. This is such an emotional rollercoaster and it is important that we do what we can to protect ourselves when necessary. And whereas nobody means ill will by it, we do want to make this a safe haven for all. I will definitely try to do better.

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

Thanks for letting me know

March 14 2011, 9:25 AM 

I had noticed headings occasionally on different posts, but really didn't put 2 and 2 together. I did not know that was what we should be doing, and I know that I have not done it in the past, but I will certainly do that from here on out. Thank you again for the heads up. BTW, is there a place on the site that shares other "rules" or recommendations" that those of us posting need to know, and at which I should look? When I found this site last Fall, I just felt right at home, jumped on it, and got involved. I certainly want to respect any "rules" and the feelings of the ladies who are sharing their stories here.

Respond to this message   
Dixiechic
(Login dnj01)

Hi Veesha

March 14 2011, 10:11 AM 

The only things I can think of is that usually after first u/s results are posted, you want to move on to the pink board (pg after de) for subsequent updates.

Also, if there is a post that stirs up alot of controversy, you can ask the moderators to lock the thread or delete the post entirely.

That is all I can think of right now.

How are you doing? Where are you in your cycle?

Good luck

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

Hi Dixiechic!

March 14 2011, 2:46 PM 

Thanks for weighing in on this concern. I know we all want to be sensitive to others, and sometimes don't think of how something might affect another who is in a different place then we might be.

Things are going pretty well on my end. I am cycling right now. YAY!

I did have what I call a little bump in the road when I ovulated at some point during the bcps and lupron. My RE extended my lupron injections for another 5 days, but AF came before day 5, so I was able to go ahead and get on delestrogen injections. Those started on Sunday, and for now I am doing the shots every other day to get me caught up with everyone else. Then I'll switch to every third day toward the end of the week. I go in on Sunday for my lining check and blood work.

We are set to go to transfer on the 28th for a Day 3, the 30th for a Day 5, or the 31 for a Day 6. Was your transfer a Day 3, 5 or 6?

Thanks so much for checking in on me.

How are things with you? I do get on the pink board occasionally to see what's going on. There are a lot of great topics over there.

Oh one last question...I know that you said that folks should move on to the pink board after the first u/s results are posted. Are some women concerned about heading there that early? In other words is there some middle place where folks can go until they feel they are "out of the woods", if anyone can really have that sort of feeling during this roller coaster of a process.

Respond to this message   
Dixiechic
(Login dnj01)

You are so close (success implied)

March 15 2011, 3:47 PM 

While I'm sure it seems like an eternity for you to get to tranfer, it seemed really short to me. I've got everything crossed for you that all goes well and you'll be celebrating a BFP soon. A did a 5 day transfer of 2 blasts one year ago, so was a good month for me.

Are you the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd recip.?

I will be looking for your updates.

Know what you mean about moving to the pink board too early, so as long as you put something in the header that is okay. I would not post past the 2nd u/s?

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(no login)

I think the agreement in the olden days was to warn about anything that could hurt.

March 14 2011, 12:37 PM 

like Dixiechic said. M/C is for miscarriage. Death. Child. OE is own egg. I don't think we ever had a list, as such, though.

I'm really, really NOT trying to embarrass anyone who hasn't thought of it lately. I just don't want to make any newbies who are too fragile feel worse.

I LOVE these boards and wouldn't have survived without them.

And I would definitely move to an island to have you all as my neighbors. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dixiechic
(Login dnj01)

Also want to post in header

March 14 2011, 9:54 AM 

pregnancy (preg) ment, adoption ment, m/c ment or some post everything ment.

Thanks for posting this sb. I had noticed this as well.

Respond to this message   

(Login Blessed_Thistle)

What I keep screwing up on is....

March 14 2011, 1:40 PM 

the ticker issue. Just saw another one I needed to edit. :/

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

what's the issue with the tickers?

March 14 2011, 9:21 PM 

this one is new to me.

Respond to this message   

(Login Blessed_Thistle)

Well, I will leave it in this one and you can see (children mentioned)

March 14 2011, 9:53 PM 

----------------------------

I've got all I'll ever need thanks to the Keeper of the Stars.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

AHH - gotcha n/t

March 16 2011, 1:05 PM 

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

Just to make sure,

March 14 2011, 2:27 PM 

when you say post it in the header, is that the message title, or is there another place that I should post the warning in addition to the title line. I just want to make sure i have all the bases covered.

Again, thanks as we all try to sensitively navigate this world of IF.

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(Login thesameboat)

Here (headers mentioned)

March 14 2011, 3:48 PM 

is the usual place, though some put it here to stop someone from reading if they don't want to see this subject today.

Thank you so much for taking the time to ask. Wishing you all the best.

Respond to this message   
margolis
(Login margolis)

I usually do something like this (XXX ment'd)

March 15 2011, 3:40 AM 

In the message title. People would know not to open the threads. I don't know if that is the hard and fast rule for it. I think that is what I saw other people doing, so I followed suit. I guess that way you wouldn't accidentally open the post if it was something you couldn't face that day and accidentally read it in the post.

Respond to this message   
anon4this
(no login)

I guess it is just me but...

March 15 2011, 6:19 PM 

should I be on the green board? I feel pain in a lot of what I read on here. Thank-you for starting this thread, but it looks like a lot do not have the headers that are sooo appreciated.
I guess that is just the way it will be sad.gif
It is very hard because this is the only place I have found that even has a de forum

Respond to this message   
Ariadne
(no login)

I'm so sorry (success implied)

March 16 2011, 12:02 AM 

I've been where you are at now.

No, you shouldn't need to be on the green board to avoid being caught off guard. I guess things just ebb & flow. When I was active on this board, people were vigilant about headers. I think it just depends on the active group at the time. Most people just don't realize about warnings.

I think it's totally fine for you & others who need more consideration to ask for it. This is a support board & those fortunate enough to be pg. or have children should understand & I think they will. Very, very few people omit warnings out of malice, so please don't feel bad if you need to remind others.

I hope you find yourself on the other side soon. Again, please do feel free to respectfully ask or remind posters if you find this to be an ongoing issue. You will be supported in your need to have a safe haven.

I hadn't realized this was an issue again, but I wanted to chime in simply b/c I was once where you are now & I get it.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Just a reminder to remember to post headings.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement