<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Donor Cycle #3 - 13 eggs; 12 fertilized

April 5 2011 at 9:39 PM
ALM  (no login)

what do you all think of this stat? Won't know if positive pg until next week. First 2 cycles

#1 - 11 eggs; 10 fertilized
#2 - 20 eggs; 19 feritilized
for cycles #1 & 2, "all parties received a positive pregancy. This could be 2, 3, or 4, b/c this clinic does single and shared cycles.

I'm signed on for cycle #4 for a shared cycle. Makes me nervous. This clinic has a VERY high SART DE stat, and their typical practice is to put 2, 3 day blasts in. I have no idea if any of these are making it to a day 5 transfer.

because I'm single, I'd prefer to do a SET transfer of 1 five day blast and freeze the rest.

Anyone know the % of eggs that make it to blast and are freezable?

*I'm currently in the 2WW for my last OE cycle.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
H40+
(no login)

I got 13 blasts, transferred 2 on day fiveand froze the other 11.

April 5 2011, 9:42 PM 

At your clinic.

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

That's GREAT!!!!!

April 5 2011, 9:45 PM 

I haven't been on this board much b/c I did this last (try #3) hurrah with my OE. Couldn't help it. I'm in the 2WW and will begin POAS maybe tomorrow, although that will only be day 8/9 dpo.

Did it work? Are you pg? I'll scroll down and see. Can you freeze at day 3 or did you keep them all until day 5? I'm hoping to do a SET as I feel that I can 100% afford one child, but two would be....heck, hard! I'll look below to see if you've given an update.

Good Luck!!

Respond to this message   
H40+
(no login)

Protocol

April 5 2011, 10:11 PM 

They froze them on day 6, I believe. If you do a SET with a donor egg, they're going to transfer on day 5, I'm almost certain. Did they say something about a Day 3 transfer to you? I think they generally transfer on day 5 if at all possible, because their lab's good enough to handle it.

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

Congrats!!

April 5 2011, 9:49 PM 

I just saw your update in response to a shoutout - congratulations! I'm thrilled for you!! Now, do you know if it's twins or a singleton yet? Good luck!!!!

Respond to this message   
H40+
(no login)

Twins n/t

April 5 2011, 10:12 PM 

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

aaaahhh! Best to you! are you on the pg board? n/t

April 5 2011, 11:01 PM 

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

H40+, I don't think that I knew for sure that you were having twins (multiples ment)

April 6 2011, 7:36 AM 

That is soooo fantastic! How are you feeling? Can't wait to read updates. Should I head to the pink board? Are you posting over there?

Respond to this message   
H40+
(no login)

I haven't posted anywhere about it yet. I'm still in shock!

April 6 2011, 8:00 AM 

Respond to this message   
Scrapfoo
(no login)

I had a feeling it was twins (DD mentioned)

April 6 2011, 8:35 AM 

Your beta was very high. I found out I am having twins also. I have been walking around in a daze for the past few weeks as well. I wonder when the shock goes away?

I have a 1 year old DD also conceived via DE. I look foward to seeing you on the pink board. Our due dates are probably pretty close and it will be nice to have a buddy.
Scrapfoo

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

Congratulations to you Scrapfoo!

April 6 2011, 9:15 AM 

I know that all will become very real in a matter of months, so take this time to get accustomed to the idea of your wonderful growing family./

Respond to this message   
H40+
(no login)

I will sneak over to the pink board

April 6 2011, 11:05 AM 

Have you posted there?

Respond to this message   
Scrapfoo
(no login)

Yes - Great resource!

April 8 2011, 9:57 AM 

You will find a lot of support and information there.

Scrapfoo

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

I am sure that you are, but I know that the excitement will take over soon enough

April 6 2011, 9:10 AM 

Just take care of yourself and your little precious ones and get your rest while you can :0)

It seems multiples are in the air...or rather, in the bellies

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Looks good to me...

April 5 2011, 9:57 PM 

Good luck with your current 2ww, hopefully you won't need to worry about DE stuff after all happy.gif

I was always told that ON AVERAGE for DE 40% of successfully fertilized eggs will become blasts. No idea if that means they are good enough to freeze, different clinics have different criteria as far as what they will freeze. Some will freeze absolutely everything that is a living blast on day 5 or 6, others will only freeze top grade. My clinic wanted to see a minimum of 8 successfully fertilized eggs in order to plan for blast transfer, otherwise they would prepare for day 3.

Those are good fert rates for the donor too. I would ask your clinic if the recipients had live births, how many embryos were transferred per cycle and if there were multiples. I am so with you on doing a single embryo transfer too.

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

Hasn't been 9 months!

April 5 2011, 10:01 PM 

First cycle was winter, second January, 3rd March....4th set for May. So, no knowledge of live births! I know the donor herself is 30 with 3 kids. Very pretty with a happy smile, and her kids looked happy.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement