<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Questions about chemical pregnancy

May 7 2011 at 8:09 AM
Mrs. M  (no login)

Does anyone know how long it takes for AF to arrive? I know my PIO level needs to drop. It was 60 on Wed. Does the hcg level need to be zero for AF to arrive? I just want this all over with so I can move on and transfer my last embie. How many cycles do they recommend waiting before transferring again? Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
K
(no login)

Well...(Chem ment) (mc ment)

May 7 2011, 9:03 AM 

I'm so sorry your going through this. I just had a chemical. My last PIO shot was Sunday and AF started yesterday, on Friday. It took about 5 days for me. I think the PIO goes out pretty quickly. As for when you can do the next cycle... I start BCP tomorrow, going right into the Next cycle no problem. Need to push forward and focus.
When I had m/c it took forever to get AF so I was surprised it came so fast this time. Also, apparently Chem is totally different, you don't have to skip a couple cycles. Tons of luck to you. (((((hugs)))))

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Thanks K for your response and sorry for your loss

May 7 2011, 3:48 PM 

I'm glad you are able to move on to the next cycle so quickly. This gives me hope. I agree it helps so much to be able to move on from the grief when we are doing something. Is the next cycle a fresh or frozen cycle? GL and hugs to you!

Respond to this message   
K
(no login)

We are doing a fresh cycle w DE this upcoming cycle.

May 7 2011, 4:01 PM 

The cycle that just ended w/ chemical was a fresh cycle from my OE. We transferred 1blast and 2 almost blast on day 5. We decided to go to DE because the chances of finding a good egg at my age (42 this month) AMH high FSH (27) is slim. I just needed to move forward. The chemical was very difficult and I'm so sorry you had to go through it. I had a feeling something was wrong because the hpt's stayed very very faint. So honestly I was somewhat prepared mentally when my betas dropped. That helped. ((( big hugs))). The good side ( if there can possibly be one) is the next cycle can be done fast. ((more hugs)) AF will get here fast for you. Are you doing an FET? Fet's success rates are great so this will be it for you. Only positive thoughts!!!!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Thanks K

May 7 2011, 6:41 PM 

Hope your first DE cycle brings you a BFP that sticks! Keep us posted on the progress of your cycle. The success stories on this board is what keeps me going. I was completely blindsided by the chemical b/c my hpt was strong and my first beta 15 dpo was 416. When they got the results on the second beta six days later and it had dropped to 361 the nurse was really pretty optimistic and told me not to worry it was most likely a lab error. They will not let me schedule the f/u with the MD until after AF starts but I'm anxious to talk with him about why a pregnancy with a beta that strong to start ends up a chemical. I had request a coagulation and immunity screen prior to FEt and he assured me it was not necessary. I wonder if he has a different opinion now.

Respond to this message   
Bethlyn
(no login)

I remember these feelings so well.

May 7 2011, 12:53 PM 

I also experienced a chemical pregnancy once (among many other failed cycles) and it took about a week for AF to arrive. I think, yes, the hcg needs to be close to zero for AF to arrive, I never had my hcg tested after the 4th one... I just watched my hcg decrease with each test (40, 80, 32, 16). And yes, I can remember just wanting to get it all over with so I could try again. With the chemical pg, I made another attempt right away... the chemical pregnancy was almost like having a late, somewhat heavy AF and so I started again the next month. Some RE's want you to have one normal AF in between, but it's not really necessary. So sorry Mrs. M for your chemical, it's such a cruel result.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Thanks Bethlyn for your response.

May 7 2011, 3:55 PM 

Having info and knowing what to expect really helps to decrease my anxiety. If I do get AF in the next week I may have to wait out a month b/c I have travel plans to visit my parents in Florida the end of the month so I would not be around to do the monitoring. I've missed and put so many thing in my life on hold b/c of this IF stuff. I really don't want to do it again. So I guess I'll just have to make my goal a July sparkler. Thanks again! I would be a complete basket case without the support of the ladies on this board.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Questions about chemical pregnancy
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement