<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Miscarriage scare today-damn that low progesterone

May 10 2011 at 6:14 PM
Jennifer  (no login)

Hi Ladies!!!
It's me with the low progesterone. Thank you so much for responding to my thread below. Yesterday I started the everyday shot---granted only 1cc (which I am going to ask to have this upped if the pregnancy if viable). This afternoon i felt really "miscarriage-ey"---bloated, weird nagging pain, sick to my stomach etc. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw a very slight pink color.

I immediately gave myself a PIO shot (1.5cc) and will take another .5cc tonight (after reading how many of you guys were on 2cc per day). I am also still on the Endometrin 3x a day. I would increase to 4 but can't find any record of anyone taking this much so I'm not sure I should. Any thoughts?

There has been no other spotting but I will go in for bloodwork tomorrow. The nurse wanted me to come in for an ultrasound as well but I am not sure I want to. I don't like the idea of them in my vagina pushing around so early, especially with my past two miscarriages. I might only agree to bloodwork if there is no more spotting or bleeding tonight.

Anything else you guys recommend?
thanks-
jennifer

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kay
(Login TheMzD)

a scary time

May 10 2011, 6:43 PM 

The only other things I would suggest is make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible (sitting/laying down with feet up!)

Some slight spotting is quite normal, but still very scary. Good luck!

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

Respond to this message   
Sharon
(Login srkanovsky)

Try not to worry

May 10 2011, 8:06 PM 

I had some light pink bleeding too. My nurse said the Endometrin was irritating my cervix and had me stop using the applicator and use my finger instead.

I know it's tough, but hang in there!

Respond to this message   
K
(no login)

Thinking of you. Good luck with your test tomorrow... Nt

May 10 2011, 8:34 PM 

Respond to this message   
scrapfoo
(Login scrapfoo)

Also bled with Endometrin (pg and child mentioned)

May 11 2011, 11:46 AM 

I had a scary bleeding episode when I was pregnant with DD. It was indeed the Endometrin irritating my cervix. This time, I am using projesterone suppositories, they look like little bullets and are much easier than Endometrin (and much less expensive). I think they are made with vitamin E.

I also have a history of low progesterone. This pregnancy was taking 2.0 cc of PIO which was upped to 2.5 daily after one test showed a slight drop as well as 2-400mg suppositories one each in the am and pm. I am currently weaning off of the PIO but I think they will soon have me take Prometrium orally until week 36 or so as I did with my last pregnancy.

Keeping fingers crossed that all is OK. I'd get the ultrasound if I were you.

Barb

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement