<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Intro & Hello

May 26 2011 at 11:42 AM
Cee  (no login)

Hi all,

I have been coming to your board the last couple weeks as I'm considering moving on to DE. A little about me: last fall, the day after my 32nd birthday, I found out I had high FSH (20). Since then my highest reading has been 64. We also found out my husband has a condition where he doesn't produce any sperm. We've tried a few IUIs with donor sperm but no luck.

Anyway, we both have talked about moving on to DE and didn't plan to do it until probably next year but the more I think about it the more ready I feel. I guess I'm just impatient, but I hate dealing with the ups & downs & logistics of treatment & procedures!

So we're very early on in the process and will probably not do anything for awhile, as we need to save up some money and do some research. I've consulted with a local RE regarding their donor egg program, and have talked to a friend that went through Shady Grove, but that's about it. I hope you don't mind me hanging around here while we do that!

If anyone has some advice or recommendations I would appreciate it!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Welcome, and of course you can hang out . . .

May 26 2011, 1:24 PM 

And that's a really good thing to do, b/c there's a lot to know about DE IVF, and I think for too many of us our first cycle is a "learning experience." That's how I felt anyway. If I had known the things I know now, I might not have needed a second cycle. For example, read this link below, b/c like me, it sounds as though you don't have a really lengthy history ttc, and if you cycled at SG, you'd want to know this.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/message/1306419623/shady+grove+gals+some+info-

So, take care, and we look forward to hearing more from you. Good luck!

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: Intro & Hello

May 26 2011, 7:54 PM 

Welcome. I am a fellow POF er, so I can understand what your going thru. This board is great and pretty open whether your transferring today or next year. Best of luck with your path.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement