<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Urgent Issues!! Lupron & Other Meds

May 26 2011 at 7:25 PM
ALM  (no login)

Hi Ladies,

My meds arrived today, and I'm supposed to start Lupron on Sunday. They gave me 1 measly vial! And it's something they've concocted (sp?) apparently? I'm supposed to take 20ml for 5 days and then go down to 10ml for a couple of weeks. There is NO way this is all of the lupron I'm supposed to take according to my calendar. Apparently they ran out? GREAT! Is there a substitute and why the heck is this happening - anyone know?

Second, starting on 6/17, I'm supposed to take 100u of PIO per day for .....well, a long time if it works! BUT, they only gave me 3 100MG vials? This is SO messed up. I'm stressed out.

I spent over $400 on what appears to be a fraction of the meds I'm going to need. How expensive is the PIO on a monthly basis folks? And if 1 Lupron serving says $129 - and that's all I've got, does that mean I'm going to be spending thousands of dollars just on lupron for 1 of these every day for 3 weeks?

HELP!

Thank You.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login arive)

my experience

May 26 2011, 7:48 PM 

The little vial costs $`129 and it lasts for 2 weeks. You have to track it really closely to know when you are about to run out. Put it in the fridge. It's a big pain and expensive, I agree.

Respond to this message   
Lovethebeach
(no login)

You're OK

May 26 2011, 8:03 PM 

You'll be surprised how long that little vial of Lupron will last. Your cost sounds correct if you got the brand name. Sometimes you can get a generic for around $99. Usually, 1 bottle of Lupron is enough for an entire cycle...even at the dosage you quoted. As the PP said, do keep it in the refrigerator as it will last longer (up to 6 mos. refrig. usually). If you feel like you are getting low, fill a syringe full to see how much you have left and then inject it back into the bottle (leave the needle in the top of the vial).

As for the PIO, it is usual to get 3-4 vials at the beginning of your cycle and then refill that prescription after you get a positive beta. PIO only has about a 6 month shelf life. That way, you are not spending money needless unless you get pregnant. Make sure you have the correct dosage on your PIO. Usually you take somewhere between 1-2 cc a day.

Best of luck with your cycle!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

You are not taking 20ml or 10ml, it is 20 or 10 units

May 26 2011, 8:15 PM 

Big, big difference! It is 20 units on the lupron syringe, which is most definitely NOT 20ml. I think it works out to more like 0.2ml per dose, it really is a tiny amount and that 1 vial should last you the whole time.

As for PIO, your dose is in cc, e.g. 2cc or 1cc. Again, not the same as mg. Usually 3 vials of PIO should get you through to beta day.

Respond to this message   
SamanthaL
(no login)

Agreed

May 27 2011, 9:22 AM 

You should be fine with 1 vial of Lupron. I know it doesn't look like much but you are using very little at each injection.

At 2 cc's of PIO, I used about 2.5 vials from the day before transfer till beta day.

Respond to this message   
lenebene
(Login lenebene)

Ditto!!!

May 27 2011, 9:56 AM 

I have about 1/2 vial left of Lupron and had to finally order more PIO after my beta.

Respond to this message   
K
(no login)

The Lupron should be enough. I have the same thing you do... Same doses.

May 26 2011, 8:51 PM 

I started Sunday w/ 20 units and go to 10u, 5 days later. Also, since the Lupron shortage the pharmacies are compounding the meds and dispensing them. They're the same ingredients. Just keep the lupron refrigerated... Again, re: the meds, I'm going to send my PIO in ethyl oliate that I cannot use because I was allergic , and my menopur, etc...To Theresa the nurse at HFI. Do you want me to specifically ask her to dispense it out to you, ALM? ( if they will) If not she wil get it and dispense it to whomever she feels needs it. no worries....

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

Thanks for the input!

May 27 2011, 7:39 PM 

Okay, I should relax. Thanks for the feedback folks. This all just looks like so little medicine. I will roll with it.....in less than a month, I could be pg. I'm excited and scared. Scared for failure, and scared for success. But, much more scared for failure!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Urgent Issues!! Lupron & Other Meds
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement