@scubachick33June 27 2011 at 2:44 PM
|nina (no login)|
I've been offline for a couple of weeks and just saw your old post from before.
I had my consultation a few weeks back and am still waiting for information from Dr. Braverman on what other tests need to be taken. Did he get back to you right away on what follow-up tests you need? I have called a few times already and no response from him. The office staff keeps telling me he has my file and is looking at it. I have done other immune stuff already - like intralipids, lovenox, etc, so he may not have anything new for me. I asked him if I should take antibiotics as that is Dr. Toth's treatment, but he told me to stop as it can cause more complications. Did you take antibiotics or have you ever been treated by Dr. Toth?
|June 28 2011, 8:38 AM |
Things actually moved along just as Dr B said they would: I had my appointment on a Tuesday, and he said the Reprosource people (to whom the blood is to be sent) would contact me late in the week. They did, and sent out the kit, but since I haven't been home in more than a week, it's waiting there for me. I don't know what the list of tests is at this point (I had already done thrombophilia and some immune stuff through millenova), but I guess I'll find out when I finally get to go home late this week. I know there's some DQ/HLA matchy stuff that both my DH and I have to do; we've never done this before. Not sure if it's relevant, given my DE failures, but oh well. I reckon we'll draw the blood next week, wait a couple of weeks for processing, then call Dr B to set up a follow up appointment to develop some kind of treatment plan.
As for antibiotics, we briefly talked about them. I told Dr B that I'd done a month of flagyl/zithromax/doxy earlier this year after I learned about the old chlamydia exposure. He didn't seem to think that it mattered, and said, well you typically do a short course of antibiotics during an IVF cycle, right? Well, yeah. But five, six, days at most. So I assume I'll just do the standard doxy course if/when I do my next cycle, and leave it at that. And as for Dr Toth, I think you were brave going to him... from what I hear, he has some pretty scary ideas of how to treat infection! But seriously, I could see maybe consulting with him in cases where there was more active involvement of an infection, such as PID. In my case, I never had any of the classic signs or symptoms of active inflammation: I've had two hysteroscopies that were clean (no adhesions, no tissue pathology; instead everything looked pink and healthy). So, I think if a past exposure to chlamydia is contributing to my repeated implantation failures, then it is not necessarily a localized phenomenon in the uterus, but rather a systemic immune response. I don't see how treatment like lavages or IV infusions would be any more beneficial to popping a suite of standard antibiotic pills. But that's just my take.
I am planning to cycle again in late summer/early fall, so I still have some time to mull all this over. Are you moving ahead with a FET soon? If so, I wish you all the best!
|Current Topic - @scubachick33|