NEED ADVICE!! Baseline lining okay .... BUT now it is the b/w...HELP!!
June 27 2011 at 5:35 PM
Starting over (no login)
When will things ever go the right for me!!...my baseline lining is finally okay under 5mm ...BUT my e2 is 130, there is a very small cyst or follicle on my left ovary...RE said NO problem to start cycle and the estrace should stop me from ovulating??? never had this problem with high e2, does estrace really stop you from ovulating???
Asked donor coord. if I could do a natural cycle FET since I already show signs of follicle BUT she said NO WAY natural cycles very rarely work!!
but my body is weird. I even ovulate through ganarelix and cetrotide. Not always, but I have. I wonder why they aren't fans of a natural FET? I know going natural in a fresh cycle would be impossible due to needing to sync with the donor. But a FET, you could just do transfer at the appropriate time after confirmed O and perhaps add P4 and E2 in the luteal phase. Would love to see what others have to say. You might try a search for natural FET. I know this has come up in the last few monhts. Good luck this cycle!
I'd test just once in the am to start. If the line starts getting darker, do an am and an early afternoon test. If you don't see the lines getting darker, then the Estrace is probably holding off O. It will give you peace of mind to know where you are at anyway. I always get the store brand OPK's, they are cheap and work.
I know with high FSH, LH can sometimes rise unrelated to ovulation and estrace would lower FSH and therefore LH in that case. So I can't see any way that estrace would cause a false positive. If you get a +, I would then call the clinic and go in for b/w and or u/s to see what is up. Target has the lowest prices on HPT's and OPK's (Their up and up brand) if you have one near you.
This clinic had this wonderful Estrace Priming Protocol, and had me on 2mg estrace 3x per day, it was approaching July 4th weekend, and so to get me around the schedule of the long weekend when they'd be closed, they had me continue into 30 something days. Well, it didn't work. I bled through. Then the fools had me re-do the priming in July for a late July/August cycle. You can guess the outcome: 1 mature follicle. UGH! Anyhow, you can definitely ovulate and get AF through estrogen......did they consider lupron? Good Luck!!
I asked donor coord. if I could go for b/w & u/s after a week of estrace to see what is going on, she said okay because if I ovulate cycle will be cancelled but what if I catch LH surge before I actually ovulate can the cycle be saved and I go for transfer???
had 17 eggs, 12 fertilized, and transferred one good blast on Saturday (rankings: good, fair, poor) and have 6 on ice! And this was on a shared cycle. I guess this clinic knew what they were doing after all. I'm now 2dp5dt - single Good 5 day blast.
if I ever finally make it to transfer (been cancelled twice already) was thinking of a single blast transfer but mine would be a FET so I don't know if that makes a difference in success But it is so wonderful that "single blast transfer" was successful for you, it gives me alot of Hope!
was specifically for an OE cycle that was to be injectible IUI. I don't have experience with this type of suppression with FET. The OE cycle was a bust for that month. Had to completely start over after AF ended.....hopefully someone else will chime in.
With only 1 embryo to transfer I'd be very cautious and wait if I needed to. I know the waiting sucks, but it's better than losing out b/c something is off this round. Good Luck!!
The clinic suspected that the cyst would not ovulate when I took estrogen support to build a lining (I took a combination of estrogen patches and estrace). I was checked after one week, then after another week, did not ovulate, and built a great lining 12mm TL, the clinic was very pleased. The cyst was still there when I went for the lining checks but was not "active" as long as I was on the estrogen.
Since this was a mock cycle I then took 2 weeks of a progesterone, had a period, then had a day 2 ultrasound to check for the cyst, and it was GONE, yay.
Since this is a FET for you, I would take the chance that estrace will keep you from ovulating, and even if you do you will find out at an intermediate lining check anyway.