<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Q for HFI ladies - Kim and Anon7

August 18 2011 at 11:03 AM
futurebeauty  (no login)

Hey ladies,

I am needing to schedule intown monitoring (I live in San Antonio) for b/w and uterine lining U/S. How many ultrasounds did yall have before ET/?? I need to figure out ~ how many u/s I will need locally. IF i lived in Houston would the u/s monitoring and b/w be included in DE cycle fee that is due upfront or is it extra??

TIA,

futurebeauty

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
H40+
(no login)

Ultrasounds

August 18 2011, 12:31 PM 

Do you mean ultrasounds for the donor or yourself? I may have done one at the very start (but then again, I don't think I did), but you will be surprised at how little you as the recipient do prior to transfer.

Respond to this message   
futurebeauty
(no login)

U/S for myself to check the lining

August 18 2011, 1:29 PM 

I was trying to see how many times they want to check this as I will have to do it locally. I am looking forward to not doing too much prior to ER, this will be a nice change from the my past experiences. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Out of town monitoring

August 18 2011, 1:53 PM 

I did a recent cycle in another state but did monitoring locally. I believe I had 3 u/s & blood work appointments at the local RE's office prior to going to my transfer clinic. I arrived at the other clinic prior to retrieval and had 2 monitoring appts. there. My donor (who lived out of town) also had a couple of monitoring appts. in her home area. If we had both done all of our monitoring at our primary clinic, they would have been included in our package price.

Another tip: I realized that if I did my blood work at my primary care doctor's office, the tests were covered by insurance. That was fine early in my cycle when the RE could wait a day or two for results. When I needed same day results, I went to the lab at a nearby hospital (no appointment needed, just walked in) and they did same day blood work and also billed my insurance. Wish I had realized that earlier instead of paying my local RE all out of pocket for everything.

I used to live in DFW and if memory serves me right, Houston is only about an 1 1/2 from SA. Depending on your schedule and the price of local monitoring, you may want to just take a day trip or two to Houston. Know that is not always possible though with work, etc. Best of luck to you on your upcoming cycle!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Q for HFI ladies - Kim and Anon7
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement