<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Drug question: is it possible to get estrace pills without the blue dye?

October 12 2011 at 10:36 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

I'm taking estrace vaginally twice per day, having a great response to it, great lining building on the mock cycle, love not taking the pills orally, no bloaty-feeling side effects. Only complaint is the strong blue color. Is there a dye free version?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

PS would love to use estrace as HRT when the time comes too

October 12 2011, 10:39 PM 

It is a bio-identical form of estrogen, I prefer it to synthetics

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Found some dye free estrace

October 12 2011, 11:50 PM 

Checked the manufacturer website specs:

The 0.5 mg dose has no blue dye
The 1 mg dose and 2 mg dose are bright blue #1 aluminum lake dye as an inactive ingredient

Hopefully when I need HRT, the .5 mg dose will work OK. For cycling it will have to be the blue 2mg version.

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Thanks for the info . . .

October 13 2011, 12:58 PM 

Gyno just prescribed the .5 mg, and will be glad to get away from the blue dye, too (glad DH never noticed it). Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Please let me know how the .5 mg dose works for you for HRT

October 13 2011, 3:05 PM 

I hope it does the trick! That blue dye is too strange for long term use, I don't want my husband to see it either. Dye free sounds perfect if the dose is strong enough.

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Yeah, I know, I have the same doubts . . .

October 13 2011, 3:12 PM 

But I'm on a continuous regimen now, so maybe it will be enough w/the daily P4. When I was on cyclic for prepping for my DE cycles, I was on 2mg/day plus the Prometrium 10 days of the month to bring on AF. When my clinic tried me on 1mg/day, I bled out. Am currently using up old pills, and am breaking the scored 2 mg tabs in half, but haven't gone all the way down to .5 as it's kind of hard to get to the pharmacy with the twins. Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Drug question: is it possible to get estrace pills without the blue dye?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement