<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cycling next month

October 14 2011 at 7:04 PM
  (Login Micheletk1)

Hi Ladies

Just to update you on my situation, and to attach the background of our history, etc. Previous post was here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/thread/1308704475/Which+Donor+Egg+Route--

We have decided to go with FIRM in Jacksonville for the Shared Risk program. We have selected two donors and will be having our transfer on 11/17 and second one if needed in January/February. We just got our list of medications and I am to start the Lupron shots on 10/26 and then Vivelle patches on 10/30. The nurse called in 48 patches. I would love to know why so many were called in if it is a daily patch. Is this amount for 2 cycles you think? We are waiting for the exact calendar in the mail, but couldn't wait to get feedback on the protocol. They also called in Progesterone in Oil 50 mg/ml and Doxycycline 100 mg capsules. Is this a normal routine for a donor egg recipient? This is my first ever IVF procedure and keeping my fingers crossed it will work, but like to have the guarantee if it does not, we have additional chances with the 100% refund program at FIRM. Also, besides Freedom Pharmacy, what are cheap alternatives to get Lupron and Vivelle. They quoted about $8.50 a patch, and their is a coupon for 12 free patches from the manufacturer. I see Canadian sites that are $3.50 or so a patch. Does anyone have any other alternatives before they have to get ordered. Thanks. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will do the same for you. Take care.

Michele

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jen
(Login jentenn)

I didn't do the Vivelle

October 14 2011, 11:28 PM 

which I gather is an estrogen patch--I had injections instead. Otherwise, your protocol sounds pretty similar to mine. As for pharmacies, we used the Walgreens specialty pharmacy (phone order) as it was the one our clinic recommended. I must confess I didn't shop around because the nurse said that some companies are less reliable. It's very important to get your meds on time, and I wouldn't want to be wondering if the discount pharm would deliver.

Good luck with your cycle!

Respond to this message   
CrazyLady
(no login)

You'll need than many patches... more if you get pregnant

October 15 2011, 12:22 PM 

If your protocol is like mine... you will start out using 1 patch every other day and then increase it to 2, then 3, then 4 patches every other day. I only had a three left after my last cycle (failed).

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Cycling next month
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement