anon lala... you asked about EPIGENETICS

October 14 2011 at 8:22 PM
cotton  (Login BabyCotton)

here's an article:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051026090636.htm

and another:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/ghostgenes.shtml

and here's something beautifully written that i think you will like:

"Perhaps the greatest myth surrounds pregnancy. Many believe the uterus is simply an incubator. Nothing could be further from the truth. The most important aspect of all pregnancies- including egg donation pregnancies- is that as the fetus grows, every cell in the developing body is built out of the pregnant mother's body. Tissue from her uterine lining will contribute to the formation of the placenta, which will link her and her child.

The fetus will use her body's protein, then she will replace it. The fetus uses her sugars, calcium, nitrates, and fluids, and she will replace them. So, if you think of your dream child as your dream house, the genes provide merely a basic blueprint, the biological mother takes care of all the materials and construction, from the foundation right on up to the light fixtures. So, although her husband's aunt Sara or the donor's grandfather may have genetically programmed the shape of the new baby's earlobe, the earlobe itself is the pregnant woman's "flesh and blood." That means the earlobe, along with the baby herself, grew from the recipient's body.

That is why she is the child's biological mother. That is why this child is her biological child."

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ann
(Login willbamom)

Thanks Cotton

October 14 2011, 10:11 PM 

This is very beautiful. At this point of the journey, I don't even think about the DNA aspect. I know this is my baby and know that my body has created it so it can be on this earth. I truely believe this it is part of my being now.

Blessings

Ann

Respond to this message   
cotton
(Login BabyCotton)

just want to add... (child ment)

October 15 2011, 6:26 AM 

...I am a firm believer in nurture over nature, now that i have my DS. yes, i'm glad i got to carry him and give birth, but it's amazing to me how much his little personality is like mine, how incredibly bonded we are and how well he fits in our family. i don't think this has to do with what i ate while i was pregnant or what my stress level was. so whether you get pregnant with a DE baby, or use a surrogate or adopt... i am convinced that nurture plays a bigger role than nature in the whole scheme of things. this is nothing scientific, just my mama-instinct happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Raindrops1
(Login Raindrops1)

Thanks Cotton.

October 15 2011, 11:36 AM 

Both really good articles. I'm looking forward to reading more about epigenetics in the years to come. I agree with the whole nuture thing myself. So much is environment too.

Respond to this message   
anon lala
(no login)

Thank you so much Cotton.

October 15 2011, 7:42 AM 

This is so interesting to me.

Respond to this message   
THK
(Login perthkitty)

thanks Cotton (barge)

October 15 2011, 8:48 AM 

Hi Cotton,
Thanks for this. I've done no reading on epigenics. I read with interest and felt good afterwards so thankyou, best, THK

Respond to this message   
Bunnygal
(Login Bunnygal)

thanks for posting, cotton...

October 15 2011, 2:27 PM 

this is really beautiful...so, so sweet, and thoughtful of you

....just wanted also to tell you I love your forum name and everytime I see that little cotton ball and cotton puff it makes me smile...(which I really need these days happy.gif I think maybe mine could be babybunny or bunnygirl/boy...something like that.....well, I've got a ways to go yet!

take care!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement