<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Not sure what to do

November 8 2011 at 10:16 PM
Maggie  (no login)

I have been diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed, bad enough that I have had bright red bleeding. I was on baby aspirin just because all patients at my clinic are told to take it. When I started bleeding I went off it to try and help the bleeding from getting worse. In the meantime I have resarched it and found conflicting info....some say to take it to help dissolve the clot and others say don't take it to slow down bleeding. I'm just not sure what to do now.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Blessed_Thistle)

Maybe ask on the SIRM boards and see what their thought is?

November 8 2011, 10:26 PM 

Maybe they can be your tie breaker. Hope it resolves soon.

Respond to this message   
Jen in TN
(Login jentenn)

Somebody else on here had a SCH recently

November 8 2011, 11:21 PM 

maybe Maggie in VA? I've lost track. Anyway, I can't speak to the aspirin either way, but I hope yours resolves very soon.

Respond to this message   

(Login Raindrops1)

Call your RE.

November 9 2011, 12:21 AM 

I would call and ask your RE in the morning.

Respond to this message   
patty45
(Login patty45)

preg/mc mentioned

November 9 2011, 8:03 AM 

I am currently 9 1/2 weeks. At 6 1/2 weeks I had a large sch. I was on lovenox and ASA. I was told to stop the lovenox continue ASA.4 days later it was bigger. I was told to stop the ASA. I haven't bled since. I still have the sch but baby is growing normally. I had a sch in the Spring (de as well) and m/c 2 days later.

Respond to this message   

(Login pict1)

I had SCH too, RE stopped the asparin and gave me 2 weeks bed rest

November 9 2011, 9:34 AM 

Hi Maggie,
Sorry you are dealing with this, I know how worrying it is. At my first u/s I had a sch and RE doctor took
me off asparin and ordered bed rest for 2 weeks (which I largely followed). My RE said sch common in 50% of his transfer clients and almost all cleared up. I think it would be good to talk to your doctor about this.

Respond to this message   
demomone
(no login)

Always

November 9 2011, 9:53 AM 

ask your doctor about this..
I had a SCH but I was on both BA and Lovenox for a known clotting disorder..If you have been tested for all of the clotting disorders and know for sure, that you do not have any, it is probably wise to stop the BA. When I had the bleed, my hematologist kept me on the BA but stopped the Lovenox.

Respond to this message   
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

My RE told me to stop baby aspirin when I started

November 9 2011, 9:55 AM 

bleeding from an SCH. Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Calm
(no login)

I had SCH

November 9 2011, 7:58 PM 

I had a substantial SCH at 6 weeks and was on BA. They had me stop the BA because of the heavy red bleeding. My SCH resolved completely by 9.5 weeks. No more bleeding.

Hope that comforts you through what is so very stressful. Prayers to you for speedy recovery of your SCH.

Calm

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Not sure what to do
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement