<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mock EEP to start tonight.

December 6 2011 at 4:46 PM
Mrs. M  (no login)

I spoke with RN this afternoon. She had me do an HPT which was negative of course. Starting del estrogen for mock cycle tonight. BW and u/s to see how I respond on 12/21. Thanks everyone for your input.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jen
(Login MamaBubbles)

How exciting!

December 6 2011, 5:10 PM 

It's nice to finally get the ball rolling...good luck!

Respond to this message   
Calm
(Login Calm118)

Yeah...wishing you the best on this next step

December 6 2011, 6:37 PM 

Respond to this message   
Julie
(no login)

getting closer! (Success ment)

December 6 2011, 9:34 PM 

I am so glad this is starting. I do think it is interesting that although SG is pretty stringent on the same protocol for most things, I did not even have to do a mock cycle or EEP for SG. I had all my files from FIRM and Dr Chang decided since I never had an issue with building a lining that none of that was needed. Maybe that differs from RE to RE up there. Mine was Chang. I had to do everything else on their list (mock transfer all the blood work, social worker etc) but not the cycle or EEP.

Thoughts on nurses. I am not sure how many they have but I do think they can get overloaded depending who the primary recipient is on each cycle. The primary recipient's nurse gets the other recipients for the cycle. Even being in town with my office just 1 mile away from the Rockville location, I really did not go there all that much so have no clue the number of nurses there. I did not really see very many of them. I went to that building for accupucture more than I did for RE visits. Initially I had one nurse (I think her name was Joni) since she was the nurse for the primary recipient of my first donor selected. We did not even get to the cycle since the donor stopped answering calls from SG before the cycle began. It turns out this nurse was overloaded so she ended up transferring me to a nurse named Patti M. If you get this nurse, that is GREAT. My initial nurse was responsive for the week right before the cycle was cancelled but then the transfer to Patti was even better. I would either leave Patti a message or email her and would always get a call back within 24 hours and more typically before the end of the day. Sometimes I would call late in the day and she would be gone but would call me first thing. And if Patti was not there, I would call Joni and she would help me. My one piece of advice would be to NOT be afraid to call or email. You are spending lots of money and it is their job to answer your questions. Be nice but firm about it. I know that Patti was very happy and patient with me so I hope you get her. I was the primary recipient on the cycle that gave me my BFP on the FET so once I switched to Patti, I was able to stay with her and the other recipients had her too.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Thanks Julie

December 7 2011, 7:37 AM 

I've never had an issue with my lining. MD wanted me to do mock cycle b/c previous clinic used oral estrace instead of del estrogen. He wanted to be sure I would respond to the injectible estrogen. Although I did not think it was necessary and didn't like the idea of spending add'l money for monitoring, I think it is helpful for working out the OOT stuff. Last week we resolved pharmacy issue and then I will be confident monitoring site will work for the real cycle.
I appreciate the advice on the nurses. If it continues to be a challenge I will call and request another one.

Respond to this message   
Seymo
(Login Seymo)

yeah!

December 6 2011, 9:45 PM 

Good luck! I am sure everything will be perfect!

Respond to this message   
keifel
(no login)

yeah!

December 6 2011, 10:07 PM 

I'm glad things are moving along!

Respond to this message   
Hopeful in delaware
(no login)

Great news! Good luck!

December 6 2011, 10:30 PM 

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Fingers crossed everything is smooth and normal.

SG waived the EEP for me, too, since I already had once at my RE's.

Glad you're moving along!

Respond to this message   
Veesha
(Login Veesha)

So exciting!

December 6 2011, 11:14 PM 

Can't wait to hear what happened on the 21st.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement