<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2nd ultrasound (pg mentioned)

December 7 2011 at 10:38 AM
JAMS  (Login marriedat41)

Hi All

today was ultrasound # 2 looking for heartbeat. I am 6 weeks and 3 days. There was a flittering heart and measuring 6 weeks 2 days (she used the word perfect again). It's still surreal and still protecting myself from getting too excited. I have so many sensations and discomforts and at times pains that its hard to really relax, but I am trying and each step in the positive direction brings me more into reality. Next scan 2 weeks but just continuing shots for now...I think if I continue to feel crappy I will assume all is well...

JAMS in NJ

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jen in TN
(Login jentenn)

Congratulations!

December 7 2011, 11:27 AM 

Isn't it wonderful to hear that first heartbeat? I know the surreal feeling... hope you can try to enjoy it (even with the crappy feeling)!

Respond to this message   
Raindrops1
(Login Raindrops1)

Congratulations! n/t

December 7 2011, 12:33 PM 

Respond to this message   
Katie Robins
(no login)

Re: 2nd ultrasound (pg mentioned)

December 7 2011, 1:13 PM 

Great news Jams...I am so nervous for my first ultrasound which I guess technically would also be my week one. I'm confused on how that is all figured. My 5-day transfer was on 11/16, but now they are calling me 6 wks. pg. this Friday?? I am really excited for you and hope I get the same news. Yes, I too, am relishing the nausea and the soreness as it means things must be working so far.

Keep in touch!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Try this calculator for dating an IVF pregnancy

December 7 2011, 2:15 PM 

You enter the date of the egg retrieval, it then tells you how many weeks/days you are and all the big milestone dates.

http://ivf.ca/duedate.php

Respond to this message   
JAMS
(Login marriedat41)

Katie...

December 7 2011, 4:45 PM 

Thanks Katie..looking forward to hearing about your 1st ultrasound. SO they told me that the date of egg retrieval plus 2 weeks is how far along I am considered. SO egg retrieval was 11/6 (even tho I didnt transfer until 11/11). SO 11/6 was a Sunday so right now I am 6 weeks (sunday was 6 weeks) and 3 days (Mon, Tues, Wed)....

So for you, a 5 day transfer on the 16th would mean egg retrieval was 11/11? therefore today you should be 5 weeks and 5 days, and Friday you will be 6 weeks. The person who attached a link should a good site to make more sense of the dates. we are 5 days apart from each other!! too bad you dont get early ultrasounds like I do, they are quite reassuring.

JAMS in NJ

Respond to this message   
CrazyLady
(Login CrazyLady42)

So exciting

December 7 2011, 7:15 PM 

thrilled for you... Keep us posted!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Great news!! nt

December 7 2011, 9:17 PM 

Respond to this message   
Chris
(no login)

That is awesome! I am right behind you...next scan is a week from Monday!

December 10 2011, 6:50 PM 

So glad you got past that. It is a big hurdle!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement