<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone else ever get all set to go then have body seem to not want to proceed?

December 12 2011 at 2:38 PM
Hopeful in Delaware  (Login hopefulindelaware)

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd shout out to see anyone else every had this happen, or maybe just to get some support, because I'm getting pretty discouraged.

My DH and I decided in early November to go with Shady Grove, after 4-1/2 years of trying with OE, several surgeries, a couple losses, and LOTS of DH and me not being on the same page where TTC was concerned. It's been so many pokes and prods and tears and fights to get to this place where we are both ready to go and on the same page and excited. SG even agreed to accept the mock EEP cycle I did somewhere else last summer. So it was just a matter of waiting for my new cycle to start (thought it would be any day) and then a couple screening tests.

And now, a month later, I'm on CD51. I have felt ovulatory a couple times, but my temps are low. All those times of AF coming when I didn't want her, now I need her and she's AWOL. SG wants to do a "no period" test that will cost me $575 and then start either BCP or meds to induce menses.

I'm unsure what I want to do. Part of me wants to listen to and respect my body, and I HAVE had a couple important insights during this wait that have helped with the emotional aspects of DE that I might not have made rushing forward. On the other hand, enough aleady, can't I just finally get on with it?

Anyone ever have this happen? I'm grateful or any insights, or just some words of encouragement. wink.gif


 Respond to this message   
(no login)

I had the same exact thing happen

December 12 2011, 2:43 PM 

I ended up with twins from that cycle. It was no big deal except the donor got a little impatient waiting for me.

 Respond to this message   
(Login Seymo)

I could not get going

December 12 2011, 4:08 PM 

after the mock eep. This delayed my cycle and I was sure I would lose the donor. Then my period wouldn't come again after BCP and again I was sure I would lose the donor. Finally things start moving along and it appears that my progesterone is too high or I ovulated through lupron or some such nonsense! We are all good to go, right? Nope - the donor has a cyst. AArgh.

Finally, FINALLY, the donor started stims last week. Total delay? At least three months. After six years you would think I was used to all of the delays and cycle issues but I'm not. I am even more impatient!

(And it took me and DH a long time to get to the DE stage, emotionally speaking. I worried that he would get cold feet as well.)

 Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Waiting is so frustrating...sorry about the MIA AF.

December 12 2011, 8:14 PM 

What does the "no period" test include? $575 seems like a lot of $. Are your periods regular normally? Could you call your GP or gyn and ask them to check PIO level and if you have not ovulated, ask he/she to prescribe provera? If they code the tests as irregular menstruation your insurance might cover it. When doing a DE cycle they manipulate your cycle with hormones so it really does not matter what your body does on its own. Good luck. Maybe just working on a plan to make her show up will make her arrive.

 Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement