<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Our girl did good....

December 14 2011 at 9:50 AM
Manny  (Login manny18)

She had retrieval on Mon and they were able to get 16 eggs! Only a week ago we had the "should we cancel" talk with Dr due to a large lead follicle. At the time he felt confident that if we stuck with it & let the lead follicle go, he could get 5...needless to say we were ecstatic when we heard 16. Of those, 13 were mature & 11 fertilized. We're liking our odds. Surely we'll get a couple of blasts out of that, right? We never made it to a day5 transfer in OE cycles. With any luck we'll be doing just that on Sat. Fingers crossed!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
thesameboat
(no login)

those are fantastic results!

December 14 2011, 10:07 AM 

fingers crossed for you!

Respond to this message   
SMRC
(no login)

congrats to you!

December 14 2011, 12:58 PM 

these are fantastic numbers! SMRC

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

Fantastic!

December 14 2011, 7:05 PM 

So great to see your update. Keep us posted.

Respond to this message   
futurebeauty
(no login)

11 fertilized. yea yea yea

December 14 2011, 9:15 PM 

I think you have an excellent chance of plenty of blasts and some to freeze. So happy for you and hoping for good growth these next few days!!!

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif futurebeauty

Respond to this message   
Manny
(Login manny18)

Thanks

December 15 2011, 9:12 AM 

Thanks everyone for the positive input. It is very much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
SMRC
(no login)

We will be thinking of you tomorrow - ? about 3 vs 5 day transfer?

December 16 2011, 7:29 AM 

I find out this morning from Cornell if I'm doing a 3 day (today) or 5 day (Sun) transfer and am always braced for "bad news" in this whole process. It seems like they made a decision very early on with you to do a 5 day transfer. Is this because of the number of fertilized eggs they have to work with? Cornell told me on the phone that a 3-day transfer is not necessarily a sign things are going badly and that they are extremely conservative, but my understanding is you transfer on 3 day if you're concerned nothing will make it to day 5. GL and sorry for the barge/question. SMRC

Respond to this message   
Manny
(Login manny18)

my clinic prefers Day 5......

December 16 2011, 5:57 PM 

I'm at SIRM and I believe that they always go Day 5 if there are more than 6?? eggs that fertilize. Don't quote me on the 6 but I know they have a cutoff. Of course if I wanted Day 3, they'd be ok with that as well. I've read alot of mixed opinions about Day 3 vs Day 5. Some say embies are better off with you vs. in lab, some would counter this by saying this is the easy way out and Drs. do this just to avoid having to give a patient bad news that there is nothing to transfer at Day 5. Right or wrong, I have always asked the questions, made the challenges and then at the end always seem to go with Drs. recommendation.

I know what you mean about being braced for bad news. I was on cloud 9 after getting our retrieval report on Monday. Then I got the call Wed with the Day 3 update and things are still I guess in pretty good shape (3 are pretty much a lost cause, and 8 were 6 cells or greater). I keep reminding myself that 8 is good as I only need one good one. We've never made it to Blast before, but of course that was with OE. Nonetheless I've been holding my breath ever since & praying that I don't show up for transfer tomorrow just to find out there is nothing to transfer.

Best of luck with your transfer. I hope all goes well and you'll be sharing good beta #s soon.

Respond to this message   
SMRC
(no login)

best of luck today

December 17 2011, 9:55 AM 

with your transfer!! 8 is a lot to work with still!! please keep us updated. Your information about day 3 vs day 5 is extremely helpful. I posted my drs. views on the issue above.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement