<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Feedback on time donor should have between cycles?

December 16 2011 at 2:28 PM
minniet  (Login minniet)

I know that it is good for the donor to have a small break between cycles, but I would love some updated feedback from you ladies on this. A good buddy here pointed out that I should be careful about this, so I did a search here on the board to check out the feedback, and the only things I could find were from 2005!

Anyway, we are in a rush, but not THAT much of a rush...would love to hear your thoughts on ideal wait between cycles.

What would be the ideal number of cycles between donor cycles a donor would have in your opinion? More than 2 periods?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Raindrops1)

I would think two would be enough.

December 16 2011, 3:39 PM 

I really don't know if it would help any to wait longer.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

My old clinic

December 16 2011, 4:30 PM 

required donor to have one unmedicated, natural cycle between donations. I'm now at SG and not sure about there requirements.

Respond to this message   
E&H
(no login)

What we do is

December 16 2011, 7:58 PM 

Donor will get period 12 days after egg collection or 14 days after trigger injection (or thereabouts).

On day 2 of that period start birth control pills for 21 days and can cycle after that period or wait for natural period (which could take around 7 to 8 weeks) and cycle after that. Birth control pills enables you to know exactly when the donor can start stims and you can do the whole protocol immediately.

Respond to this message   
minniet
(no login)

E&H - what is your opinion about the best way to proceed?

December 16 2011, 8:13 PM 

Would you advise someone to wait for a natural period or to go immediately on birth control as soon as they get their first period? How much time would you think optimal between cycles?

Would love to get your thoughts on this.

Respond to this message   
E&H
(no login)

Well

December 16 2011, 10:03 PM 

We do lots of back to back cycles, meaning period then birth control pills and have no problems with quality of eggs. I prefer to put donors on birth control pills as it's very easy for them to get pregnant after donating, even after telling them you don't ovulate on time, you are more fertile etc. One month we had six donors get pregnant the month after donating - that would be a nightmare wouldnt it? So, I like bcp cycles and starting stims on day 2 of withdrawal bleed from bcp. Egg numbers ARE compromised if a donor is on bcps for over 21 days, so 21 days on 7 days off 21 days on is better than staying on pills, The body needs the lh surge in the 7 days off pills.

Respond to this message   
minniet
(no login)

Thanks so much!

December 16 2011, 10:33 PM 

Any thoughts on the IP (ie: me)? I have been on bcp now for about 8 months waiting to cycle. I go off them and usually start them back up on Day 2 or 3 after I start to bleed...I get excruciating headaches without the estrogen. I may actually be menopausal..my last hormonal profile was so wacky...fsh 60 and out of whack with my estrogen and progesterone. Sometimes I wonder if I got totally messed up with so many cycles...RE at the time had never really seen a profile as weird as mine. And my last donor cycle did not take fresh or frozen with really good blasts...

I've had all the stuff looked at (endo biopsy, hysteroscopy, doing immune stuff and had a myomectomy to take care of a slight septum and big fibroid).

Sorry to turn this into a practical medical appointment, but...

Should I stay off the bcp for the full 7 days...or does it just not matter?

Respond to this message   
E&H
(no login)

Hi Minniet

December 17 2011, 2:58 AM 

Its ok for you to be on long term bcp the recipient, you can even keep taking it and not have a break if you feel better, just make sure you do have a break before your cycle so you get a bleed. If you want to email me I will email you the protocol we tend to use. Chrislah29 at hotmail dot com

Respond to this message   

(Login Raindrops1)

Thanks E&H

December 16 2011, 10:20 PM 

My clinic had me on BCP for five weeks on one of my cycles. I think it was last Christmas related to the holiday season and lab being closed for a week. Do you think it harmed my egg quality that cycle? I asked my RE and he said it would be fine. But they usually stick to three or four weeks for BCP.

Respond to this message   
E&H
(no login)

We don't do more than 3 for the person

December 17 2011, 3:00 AM 

producing the eggs as it tends to get a lower number of eggs.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Feedback on time donor should have between cycles?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement