<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

what about Canada clinics?

February 27 2012 at 3:40 PM
nycmomma  (no login)

I did a search on here last night and it seems some people from the US do go to Canada. I called a CAN clinic this morning, and they confirmed that they'll work with US patients and US donors. The clinic I called was ReproMed, 71.3% success rate. If you add up the costs to do a single cycle, it's about $25K, including donor/donor agency fees. If you live close to the border, as I do, it may make sense. The only thing I don't know for sure is whether or not you can see photos. But if you're working with a US agency, I don't see why you couldn't.

I'm just curious why more people don't go this route? I haven't investigated guarantee programs in CA but I'm going to bet they exist.

Anyone been to Canada or researched going there? Thoughts to share?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login ks1415)

I'm Canadian. (child in sign)

February 27 2012, 4:09 PM 

But I found the Canadian donor pools through agencies to be rather less than great! You could see photographs. Because Canadian law states you can not compensate the donor for their eggs there really isn't the greatest variety of donors available. There are ways around it. I actually found it way easier to cycle outside of Canada (and cheaper)! We went with SG shared risk guarantee program and I have zero regrets on this choice. I live very close to one of the top clinics CreAte, but they never returned calls and didn't follow up with a referral from my local RE, where SG was very quick to answer all my questions and get me in for testing, same with NY!

Just from my experiences though!

ks

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Respond to this message   
nycmomma
(no login)

I meant using a US donor agency

February 27 2012, 7:49 PM 

I wouldn't use a Canadian agency as we absolutely must see pics and it's not clear to me whether CA agencies allow this or not. I think they do not.

Hoping other people who've cycled in Canada using a US agency/donor can respond.

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Kekona
(Login Kekona)

Hope did

February 28 2012, 7:48 AM 

She posts on the 50+ and the pink pg bbs.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

I believe Hope used a known Canadian donor

February 28 2012, 10:20 AM 

She found her own donor through ads and brought her to the clinic.

Respond to this message   
Kekona
(Login Kekona)

I didn't think so

March 1 2012, 5:46 AM 

I could be wrong, but I'm sure she'd be happy to answer. I thought she used an American donor who came to their clinic.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Went to CREATE and used US donor agency

February 28 2012, 8:42 PM 

Hi there. I went through a US agency and was able to select the donor with photos. Luckily, the donor was a Canadian resident and did the donation at the Toronto clinic, Create. Both were good with the paperwork and coordination. Miraculously, it went pretty smoothly. Total cost was $17K CAD for shared donor cycle, each party got 8 embies.

Hope that helps.

GL!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - what about Canada clinics?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement