<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How do you control hot flashes, etc. while waiting for DE cycle

March 5 2012 at 3:00 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

I'm waiting to do a DE cycle for various reasons, but lately my "menopausal" symptoms are out of control. High FSH, hot flashes, no periods, etc. I'm not on any medication now. Stopped all meds. since I wasn't doing any more cycles on my own.

But while I'm in this "wait" process, how do I control these symptoms?
Should I take estrace? Will my RE prescribe it to me?

I'm sure I'm not alone in this so I thought I'd ask.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maggie in VA
(Login maggie1961)

Just to clarify . . .

March 5 2012, 3:26 PM 

When you put menopausal in quotation marks, that's because the symptoms are the result of Lupron, diphereline, etc., not b/c you've begun menopause, either in the statistically normal time frame or prematurely, right? I was perimenopausal when I started treatment, and the first thing my clinic did was put me on cyclic HRT to keep my uterus in the habit of building a lining. Thx, Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login leigh74)

I couldn't control them without HRT...

March 5 2012, 4:40 PM 

I became aware of my POF diagnosis when I was 35, largely because I could no longer ignore the intense hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause I'd been having for years. It's miserable. If you're not on any type of medication (i.e. no Lupron, etc..) because you're waiting for a DE cycle, I would suggest talking to your RE. I was on bioidentical HRT until a couple months ago when we started getting ready for my current DE cycle and it made a world of difference. Even being on oral contraceptives is a life-saver for me, although they don't really control all my symptoms anymore.. In any case, I don't see any benefit in letting your body go through all of this when it's relatively easy to control and won't interfere in future cycles. Good luck!

Respond to this message   
minniet
(Login minniet)

Birth control pills

March 5 2012, 6:37 PM 

I have been on them waiting to cycle. I still get night sweats sometimes, but only for a week or so.

It's an easy prescription and you usually have to be on them anyway to get synced up with your donor.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement