<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NYC ART attorney referral

March 15 2012 at 3:04 PM
Blusky  (no login)

I apologize if there are NYC attorney referrals in past postings. I did a search and did not turn up specific names. Unfortunately, our anonymous donation needs to become non-anonymous because of some donor test results, and I would prefer to go with an independent attorney for this contract.

Can anyone with experience please provide input?

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sharon
(no login)

Recommendation

March 15 2012, 3:19 PM 

I used Liz Swire Falker

http://storklawyer.com/

Another well known name in this area is Melissa Brisman

http://www.reproductivelawyer.com/

Respond to this message   
Blusky
(no login)

Re: Recommendation

March 15 2012, 7:09 PM 

Thank you!

Respond to this message   
Anon
(no login)

Anon for this

March 16 2012, 5:57 PM 

MB is very pricey. In the very, super specialized area I turned to her for input on, she was actually wrong as I learned from a far cheaper, but more experienced, more gracious attorney in that specific arena. Having said that, MB is probably fine, but expensive, for a simple contract. Also, she does have a series of home-runs to her name in the legal arena surrounding surrogacy, but that was not the area for which I needed help.

Respond to this message   
Blusky
(no login)

Are you able to share a name?

March 16 2012, 9:22 PM 

Hi, I appreciate your feedback too. You may not feel comfortable sharing the name of your gracious attorney, but thought I would ask. We are not using surrogacy, this will be a DE only contract.

I did call MB's office based on the previous poster's recommendation, and the paralegal was responsive and seemed knowledgeable. Haven't hard time to reach out to others yet...

Thanks
Blusky

Respond to this message   
Anon
(no login)

Re: Recommendation

March 16 2012, 9:54 PM 

Melissa Brisman was on the Anderson Cooper daytime show today representing the mom who found her DS had an inherited heart defect from sperm donor.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - NYC ART attorney referral
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement