If Donor was cxld, did you try and use her a different month?April 26 2012 at 1:44 PM
|Violet (no login)|
Our donor might be canceled. As I have mentioned, she has an AFC of 22 and is a 1x proven donor (the other couple is pg). She is not stimming well for us at all.
Tomorrow will be more bloods to see where we are however my RE feels there is a 10% chance of this pulling through.
If we have to cancel, we are facing a lot of decisions. As I have mentioned DH has melanoma and his surgery is in 2 1/2 weeks. We were hoping to use fresh sperm before the surgery. We have no idea what the news will be for him after surgery so we are hoping that we can get this done before then.
My RE said we have two options. We could use her again and they will be testing her to see if anything else pops up before then. So, that could be about a 4 month wait as we want to make sure DH's semen is okay after his surgery (they have to do a radiative treatment to see if the cancer spread to the lymphs).
And then there is a the worry that the cancer has spread and that is a whole different story.
The 2nd option is to get down to RBA. My clinic has a strong relationship with them and I have all the requirements done for RBA because we were thinking about using them. The negatives of this is it would cost us a lot more, we really like our donor and we would have to scramble to get down there asap.
Did you have success with a donor that was canceled?
I can't believe this is happening.
if it were me...
|April 26 2012, 2:02 PM |
I haven't been in this situation, but if my doctor said my donor had a 10% chance of working out then I'd likely preemptively cancel - I know that's not so easy in light of your husband's treatment & the fact that the donor is a good match, but may be worth considering. I suppose another factor is whether you have insurance coverage for this cycle - if it is being covered, then I'd probably proceed and roll the dice. But, if I had to pay for it all and be emotionally invested then if it didn't work I'd be kicking myself. You definitely have a lot of factors to consider, and there's no right answer - but whatever you and your husband are comfortable with is a great choice. I always do well with a plan b, so good to know you have RBA and maybe just sit tight and wait for tomorrow's test results. Good luck!
Thanks One ?
|April 26 2012, 2:31 PM |
Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it. We are insured however if she is not budging at all then we can't use her. that is what I understand from the RE.
Would you use her a different month? My RE is thinking no but I feel we have so much invested in her and she has great AFC and is proven. maybe it was just a bad month. Any thoughts?
One ? for you
|April 26 2012, 6:11 PM |
I am so sorry you are going through this! What a bad deal! And so weird too. I can not imagine why she would have a sudden problem cycling after a recent success.
I am a little confused - can you not freeze semen now for later use?
Personally, I would cancel, freeze a sample before DH's surgery and start rethinking the donor, particularly if that's what the RE is saying.
I would quickly talk with RBA or Shady Grove (or places that have large in house pools or egg bank) about the logistics of getting a new cycle started but even if you have all the requirements you still might not get donor you like/cycle started quick enough.
Best of lucK
|April 27 2012, 12:18 AM |
Violet, hope it works out sorry I don't have advice but I'm praying for you.
Thanks for everyone's help
|April 27 2012, 12:01 PM |
I appreciate your ideas.
We do have a sample that we froze when we found out DH had better DNA frag #s and after we heard he would need surgery.
We have 4 vials.
We will hear after 2 today about donor's E2 and then we will need to make some decisions.
Tired of all of this and so is DH. It's been a long haul and part of us just wants to deal with the $ and head on down to RBA while I am suppressed and take care of things. We have done everything that they require so it should be easy.
My heart is telling me it's not over and I need to sit tight.
Thanks for listening and keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.
|Current Topic - If Donor was cxld, did you try and use her a different month?|