<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

agencies w/ asian donors

May 18 2012 at 8:42 AM
e.m.d.  (Login e.m.d.)

I apologize if this is asked often, but does anyone have experience with reputable agencies that have asian donors or advice with selecting an agency of any kind (or a link to an old post with good advice)? One handout I have received suggested AED but I find reviews to be inconsistent. It's a can of worms I didn't want to open but, I'm opening it and I appreciate any thoughts, board favorites, or personal experiences. I did review the PVED questions to ask an agency, and finding a trustworthy agency with great customer service is just as much a concern for us as finding a donor we love. Thank you thank you.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Denise
(no login)

Graceful Conceptions

May 18 2012, 9:57 AM 

Has a lovely proven Korean donor #219 available plus a few more asian donors good luck.

Respond to this message   
Beansprout703
(no login)

My experience

May 18 2012, 11:54 AM 

Sorry can't speak about private agencies, but I can suggest that you get access to the in-house donor pool at Shady Grove and Dominion Fertility (both in the VA-DC-MD area)and RBA (in Atlanta) to see what asian donors they have presently. Although asian donors are harder to find, these three clinics typically have at least a few (~2 to 5 depending on the time of year) available and offer a pay-as-you-go as well as guaranteed DE program.

DH (Caucasian) and I (Asian) are currently expecting a boy end of August, from our first cycle with SG Shared Risk DE program. After 3 years of TTC, we realized that we did not have the resources to continue to play the "baby lottery" and that we just wanted a baby. We specifically looked for clinics that offered a guarantee DE program, and SG and RBA were the top two clinics that we considered since we live on the east coast. As luck would have it, a perfect asian-american donor became available right around the time we were approved by SG, so we went for it. Now, I am 24 weeks preggo.

Best of luck with your search!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - agencies w/ asian donors
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement