<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Did anyone do endometrial biopsy and take prednisone or dexamethazione?

June 2 2012 at 4:17 PM
Violet  (no login)

Hi
I continue to work on next steps. Dh and I would like to do an endometrial biopsy before the next cycle. We are also looking at immune testing and most likely prednisone or dexamethazione would be part of a protocol.
DH works in medicine and thinks that the healing properties of the meds could heal the l
Lining so why bother with it. Did anyone do both if these?
Thanks
Violet

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Christine
(Login CTSmithie)

Yes to all, success mentioned after many failures

June 2 2012, 5:10 PM 

My clinic's pre-transfer protocol always includes prednisone for about 5 days prior to transfer.

I've had immune testing done a couple of years ago and was considered borderline. We subsquently added Lovenox and intralipids therapy to my protocols, then later extended the length of time taking prednisone-at my request, still nothing, not even a chemical after multiple transfers with genetically tested, top-graded day 5 embryos.

In November I had an endometrial biopsy following Dr. Kliman's Endometrial Function Test protocol. Your RE's office can ship samples to his lab at Yale. His method is to look at lining cells during a 'normal' cycle and then again after you've started to take the progesterone and estrogen supplementation that is typically prescribed prior to transfer. Abnormal cells were discovered in my second biopsy. Based on these results, my protocol was altered to use a lower and slower introduction of progesterone pre-transfer. I transfered two un-tested blasts (I couldn't afford genetic testing this time) and both took. I'm 10.5 weeks along.

I first turned to DE in 2009 and only now acheived pregancy. I'm convinced that this change to progesterone adminstration (lower doses delivered vaginally instead of using intermuscual injections)was the key to success for me. Certainly this may not be the case for you, but why not do the EFT to rule out if you have any lining issues at the cellular level?

You and your DH can check out this site for more information on the EFT:http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/. There are articles geared to both patients and physicians.

Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Violet
(no login)

Thanks, Christine

June 4 2012, 11:13 AM 

I am so happy for you. So glad you figured things out and that you finally have the bfp you deserve.
I will look into the progesterone protocol and testing. That makes sense to me.

When did you start taking the progesterone? Did he just have you take 1 thing of Crinone and then build up to 2?

Thanks!
Violet

Respond to this message   
Christine
(Login CTSmithie)

Progesterone protocol for m recent successful cycle

June 6 2012, 8:34 PM 

I started with 25 mg of progesterone vaginally the night before the donor's retreval.

Day of retrieval was 25 mg in the morning and at night.

Days 1 through 3 of fertilization was 25 mg twice per day.

Day 4 of fertilization was 50 mg twice per day.

Transfer day was 100 mg twice per day -- same dosage for the next 3 days.

Then 5 days post my day 5 transfer (or 10 DPO) the dose was increased to 200 mg twice per day and continued through my beta and also after my positive result.

The lower doses were progesterone in oil gel caps that needed to be refrigerated. The 100 and 200 mg doses were prometrium suppositories.

Two days after transfer my clinic always tests estrogen and progesterone levels. My levels were a tiny bit low - they explained that vaginal delivery sometimes doesn't show up as strong in bloodwork as the shots do. They decided it couldn't hurt to add Crinone to my daily route. After my 10 week ultrasound I stopped taking all progesterone.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement