I have not been active in the last several months after my miscarriage from my first frozen cycle from this past January. I waited four months for the pregnancy hormone to go to zero and then had to have my thyroid regulated as well. So we are back at square one. Excited again as I have three frozen embies and just had my ultrasound and trial transfer and everything looks normal. If you remember my posts from late last year, I had my fresh transfer cycle cancelled that day as I bled before it and got my period. I do have a few questions for the experts here.
First, since I have 3 frosties left, do they unfreeze two and put both in, or do they unfreeze three and put two in and refreeze the last one.
Second, since I am out of town to FIRM in Jacksonville and plan to get my ultrasound before the transfer done here in South Florida at Palm Beach Fertility, what are the tricks of the trade to get my insurance to potentially cover some of the costs for the two lab tests and ultrasound. I know it is all how they code it, if the doctor is willingly to do that. Anyone with experience with that.
Good luck to everyone and nice to be back on here after being inactive for most of this year and recovering from the miscarriage. Thanks.
Here is what my clinic does: However many embryos you want to transfer (e.g., 1 or 2), they take that many out the morning of the transfer. They wait to see that the embryos thaw well. If one does not, they will take out another one, thaw it, and check on it. Once they have the number you want and they look good, they transfer them to you. So, in your case, if you want two and the first two they take out look ok upon thawing, they will leave the third one alone.
If two to a straw, I'd just thaw two and transfer both if they both survive the thaw and I had carefully considered the risks of twins. If one survived, I'd transfer only it and save your last one for another attempt. If they're all in one straw, I guess the decision is out of your hands re what to thaw, which kinda sucks. :|