<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

how long for beta to drop? trigs

July 3 2012 at 6:40 PM
mary  (Login parothead)

I had a beta yesterday after D&C on the 15th of june and it is still positive. Anyone know how long it should take to drop to O? I went through hell in 2010 when I MC naturally and some placental tissue was left inside(later removed by surgery)it took over 3 months for beta to drop.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
futurebeauty
(no login)

I am not sure Mary as I never tested my beta after a m/c

July 3 2012, 11:41 PM 

and just went w/ an ultrasound after my natural miscarriages to make sure everything passed and w/ my D & Cs then my OB always monitored my bleeding and moods. My OB commented to me on my last m/c w/ a D & C that I was very "estrogen" based on my mood and feelings at the time. I was very put out by her comment but everything bothered me so much at that time and I guess she was right but I still hated that comment.

If you are worried then call and talk to your doctors nurse to see what they have to say. It took me about 2-3 months to feel normal after my last m/c in Feb.

HTH,

FB

Respond to this message   

Cannady LeGuin
(Login cannadyL)

Re: I am not sure Mary as I never tested my beta after a m/c

July 19 2012, 2:06 PM 

It must be different for everyone. My beta was back to 6 yesterday, and it's only been 2 weeks since my natural m/c. My beta was 37 a week ago, and 900 the day after the m/c.  My ultrasound yesterday (and the day after the m/c) showed that everything was normal.

I haven't noticed my moods being different, althought everyone warned me they'd be erratic. That hasn't happened yet... I feel as logical as ever. happy.gif

Age 41/ partner 35
3rd IVF (September?)
2nd IVF (April 2012): M/C at 10.5 weeks. 6 and 8-week ultrasounds showed normal heart rates. Beta #1: 412(18dpo). Beta #2: 1680 (21dpo). Had 2 Grade 1 embryos on day 3.
Microdose flare. Lupron 20 (2x day), Gonal-F (450/day), Menopur (150/day. Had bariatric surgery in 2006 and lost 110 lbs.
FSH (March 2012): 14
1st IVF (February 2012): Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix: 2 transferred. BFN.
2011:
3 rounds IUI. BFN.
6 mo drug break to get assessed for breast cancer/ ovarian cancer risk
3 rounds timed intercourse (Clomid, etc). BFN.
FSH (2011): 8
2010: Lots of BFNs (Clomid, OPKs, etc)
1 M/C (at 7 wks).
FSH (2010): 6

Respond to this message   
RaineyCat
(Login RaineyCat)

0 beta

July 5 2012, 11:12 PM 

It took us about 7 weeks.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement