<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

mock cycle question

July 22 2012 at 11:58 AM
Mel  (no login)

So I am in the process of trying to do my first DE cycle. Problem is, I am in premenopause and for the past 11 months my cycles have been irregular. Anyway, I did the Progesterone 200mg daily X 10 days and now on my 10th day and no cycle yet:( Just wondering if anyone else on here had this experience and what is going to happen from here. They told me to call the office if I didn't start, so I plan to call tomorrow. I guess I am just wondering what else can be done if my body won't cooperate with even a mock cycle!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bethlyn
(no login)

It's been a while for me, but did you take any kind of estrogen?

July 22 2012, 10:18 PM 

Any kind of menopause is irrelevant in a DE cycle, the meds will replace your natural hormones until the (hopeful) pregnancy kicks those hormones into gear. If I remember correctly, the mock cycle included estrogen therapy, to build up the lining, and then progesterone therapy to allow the lining to shed. You'll have your answer tomorrow, but don't worry, the mock cycle is done exactly for this reason... to see how to best make your body respond for the real thing happy.gif Lots of good luck.

Respond to this message   
Mel
(no login)

Re: It's been a while for me, but did you take any kind of estrogen?

July 23 2012, 9:37 AM 

No they gave me ten days of Progesterone to supposedly start my cycle then I was to begin the Estrogen on the third day of the cycle. Guess I can't do that if i never start:) We will see what they say when they return my call I guess....

Respond to this message   
Rebekah
(Login Bestbehavior)

May take a few days after stopping

July 23 2012, 10:53 AM 

I am also in perimenopause and use 200mg prometrium to bring on flow. I usually do it for 12 days and get AF within 3 days after finishing it. Best of Luck!!

Respond to this message   
Mel
(no login)

Re: May take a few days after stopping

July 23 2012, 12:31 PM 

It's been 11 days, so I'm not sure why I haven't started. Doctors office still hasn't called so I am not sure what the plan will be:)

Respond to this message   
Mel
(no login)

Re: May take a few days after stopping

July 23 2012, 12:33 PM 

I re-read my post. I didn't clarify I see. I had already stopped the Progesterone and it was 10 days after:) Sorry I overlooked that part. As you can see, this is stressing me out. Ha!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - mock cycle question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement