<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What Clotting/Autoimmune Tests to Get B4 DE?

July 29 2012 at 3:16 PM
HappyBean  (no login)

Hi ladies--I'm hoping to get my first DE cycle underway this Fall/Winter. I'm looking at the frozen eggs at either CNY in Albany or RBA in Atlanta.

I don't have any immune or clotting disorders that I know of, however, I'd like to get tested before I cycle just to be sure.

Can someone please tell me what, exactly, I should be testing for? I can think of NK cells, but then my mind goes blank...

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Cathy
(no login)

Another is Prothrombin. Good luck! nt

July 29 2012, 4:07 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Lovethebeach
(Login Lovethebeach)

Full blood panel

July 29 2012, 4:38 PM 

There is a full blood panel that your doctor can run that will check for clotting issues such as MTHFR, and things like Prothrombin, Antithrombin III, PAI -1, Factor V, Lupus, and other immune issues. I believe NK cells are tested separately, but not positive about that. Many OBs run this panel after a patient has suffered repeated miscarriages, but it is a great idea to get tested before cycling. I think REs should include this testing for all patients. Good luck with your cycle!

Respond to this message   
HappyBean
(no login)

Thanks so much!

July 29 2012, 5:50 PM 

Exactly what I was looking for. I figure it's worth the time to find out up front if there's any clotting/immune issues--I don't have infinite resources for cycling, so I have to trouble-shoot as much as possible.

Thanks for the good wishes as well!

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(no login)

Would you happen to know what insurance code your doctor used.

July 30 2012, 6:30 PM 

I just had my internist order these tests, but I want to make sure the correct codes were used so that my insurance covers them. She just wrote, hx of abruption (placenta), hx of stroke. Thanks

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(no login)

This is for Loggerheads nt

July 31 2012, 10:16 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(no login)

should say Lovethebeach, my tablet auto corrected.

July 31 2012, 10:19 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Lovethebeach
(Login Lovethebeach)

Insurance Coverage

August 2 2012, 12:45 AM 

Hi Kacee.... I believe that mine was out of pocket because at that time I didn't have maternity coverage. I think the full panel was in the $500-600 dollar range. I think that in most cases though it should be covered via insurance. If something comes back uncovered, I would ask your doctor to recode and resubmit. My OB has done that for me before and it has worked. Hope this helps and good luck to you. LTB

Respond to this message   
Kenny
(Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

Barge... that should do it Kacee, but mine ran it as the RPL panel

August 2 2012, 12:41 PM 

Recurrent pg loss. It was covered (and my insurance doesn't cover anything IF-related, so that's big it worked!) Hope you are doing ok - we miss you. ((Hugs)) to you and your family,
Kenny

Respond to this message   
Kacee
(Login Kacee56)

Thanks ladies. My internist put

August 3 2012, 6:30 PM 

"history of abruption (placental) and history of stroke (my dad and my grandmother). I haven't done the test yet and wonder if I should just go to my Peri and ask her to do it. It isn't really about conceiving again, although I would like to have that option given we have two blasts (but don't know if we would all survive through another pg. I need to know if I have these issues and if they are something that can affect my longevity.

Thanks again.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement