<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

how do you calculate EDD from FET?

August 2 2012 at 9:55 PM
anon  (no login)

Is estimated due date calculated the same whether it is a fresh cycle or FET? Normally you use your last menstrual period to calculate due date. With a FET, you could be on estrogen for 3 weeks, would you still use your last menstrual date?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
green.elephant
(Login green.elephant)

Re: how do you calculate EDD from FET?

August 3 2012, 12:03 AM 

You don't use your last menstrual period to calculate due date with either a fresh or frozen DE IVF - your clinic will give you a "fake LMP" and that will determine your due date. The fake LMP is based on egg retrieval date with a fresh, or how many days along a frozen embryo is when transferred, so will vary.... Your clinic will have it all worked out for you happy.gif

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(no login)

just in case they don't tell you ...

August 3 2012, 1:57 AM 

(mine didn't) you can do it this way.

If you do a 5-day transfer on August 5, for example, go back 5 days, then subtract 2 weeks to get the last menstrual cycle date. If it's an FET, just pretend it's fresh when calculating and subtract the days the embyo is and 14 days. Add 40 weeks and that is your due date.

Respond to this message   

(Login CrazyLady42)

in addition

August 3 2012, 1:01 AM 

To green elephants wisdom, there are calculators online for ETs now too happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Zoya2
(no login)

exactly!

August 3 2012, 11:13 AM 

You could also ask your clinic for a fake conception date (for a fresh cycle this would be the egg retrieval date). The online calculators will give you a due date with the retrieval / conception date as well. I think the fake LMP would be more handy to have, though, and I wish I'd thought to request it!

Respond to this message   
RaineyCat
(Login RaineyCat)

due date calculator

August 3 2012, 3:12 PM 

I've prepared my own spreadsheet (but I'm a geek like that). I like this website. It gives you a calendar that shows due date and some important pregnancy milestones.http://www.ivf.ca/

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - how do you calculate EDD from FET?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement