<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

any CNY ladies out there?

August 7 2012 at 4:08 PM
  (Login parothead)

I have a phone consult with them tomorrow and would like any info anyone can share. Looking into thier frozen egg program.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

Raises hand.

August 7 2012, 4:33 PM 

I am starting my mock cycle tomorrow. I am doing a fresh cycle so I may not be much help for you. I know CNY has major problems with their FET rates for some reason so I'd ask how the frozen egg program is different. No stats show up on SART for frozen eggs and I don't know what their success rate is for the eggs.

Respond to this message   
DeeNYC
(no login)

Re: any CNY ladies out there?

August 7 2012, 5:01 PM 

Mary,

I was going to go to CNY before I chose RBA and actually did a mock with them. In any case, they just started their frozen egg program. I have yet to hear of anyone actually using their frozen eggs as of yet although I did hear second hand about a cycle and the person was told that the thaw rate was about 50-60%. So keep that in mind. Not all frozen eggs survive the thaw at any clinic. You need to ask them about what happens if few or none survive. Other frozen egg programs have guarantees in place such as teh promise of a certain amount of high quality embryos. I do not believe that they do. Given that their FET stats are abysmal, I don't know if I would want to be the guinea pig for their frozen egg program. I think the cost is the same frozen or fresh so why not try a fresh cycle with them? Their fresh stats are much better than their FET stats. Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

August 7 2012, 10:36 PM 

Agree do a fresh if possible

Respond to this message   
NHmommy
(no login)

CNY success here

August 7 2012, 5:20 PM 

I have an 18 month old from a cycle from CNY. It was a fresh cycle but, because the donor had a delayed period, my body couldn't continue to wait so I ended up doing a freeze all. They were frozen after they were fertilized, I believe day 2. So, I did a FET and was successful !! I am now cycling with them again. Fresh, with their new program. I'm not sure how I feel about the new program limiting you to only 5-7 eggs but, since I cycled with them before the process is so fast and easy. I will let you know how it goes, I am now waiting for retrieval date.

I wish you Good luck with them !

Respond to this message   
NHmommy
(no login)

to add....

August 8 2012, 10:00 AM 

if given the choice... I would do a fresh over a frozen egg cycle. We were very lucky, I feel, to have had success with a FET. I would go with a proven donor but, to warn you... CNY doesn't seem like they are too willing to give out too much info (stats) on the donors anymore. For example... I asked what my donor's FSH was and they don't give that info out anymore. And when cycling they don't give out info on follicles or lab results. They just say how things are going. They say that since they guarantee 5-7 eggs at such a low price they are not giving out all that info anymore. I am not happy with that at all. Some people may not mind not knowing all the details. I am just not one of those people. The more info the better for me.

Respond to this message   
Ginger
(Login Ginger09)

wow

August 8 2012, 10:19 AM 

That is pretty bad to me. You are paying for the "donor" services and you should definitely get info on how the cycle is going with specifics. I agree with you. I'd want to know the exact details on follicles and b/w results. Why wouldn't they be willing to share that info when you are paying for the service? That's just insane.

Respond to this message   
Kekona
(Login Kekona)

me

August 7 2012, 8:02 PM 

I had 2 failed FETs there and 1 ectopic. I would not touch any frozen anything there unless they're paying YOU.

Respond to this message   
Piper
(no login)

mary...

August 8 2012, 12:41 PM 

I think of you often. I so wish that you could find success and am so saddened that you have been through so much.

This can be a difficult journey.

Historically, CNY has had a pretty sub-par lab. They seem to do just OK with fresh cycles but their frozen embryo stats have been pretty abysmal. Some of the best embryology labs in the country are still trying to tackle frozen eggs. There are only a top two or three clinics who are really doing a consistent, good job with this technology.

I just would not waste the time being someone's guinea pig at this stage. Especially if you are paying for it.

Where else have you looked at fresh cycles? I realize that you also need a clinic that will treat slightly, (just barely and probably don't look a day over 39!) over-50s.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

CNY stuff

August 8 2012, 12:52 PM 

Hi Mary,

I think you will find the donor list great at this moment lots of great donors seem to be available some with great prior success. I would just take a great available donor and go for a fresh cycle ASAP. Over 50 no concern with CNY. It is a great price for sure. I have read CNY is not giving info on previous stats, but I remember some of current available donors stats so can list a few if you want? Provide your basic stats race, height, hair color etc if you want some rec.. Best wishes..

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

CNY donors

August 8 2012, 1:04 PM 

Mary,

Since you have cycled before CNY might not make you do a mock cycle..

Going to stick this short list out in case CNY lets you pick(( quickly..)) Hope this is okay..

Great donors:

Tall fair 24583

Tall dark 33474

Tall dark 38849

Tall fair 32707

Fantastic frozen average, fair 36770

All caucasion donors. All available

Hope this helps!

Respond to this message   
mary
(Login parothead)

consult today

August 8 2012, 1:57 PM 

Thanks so much Denise for the heads up on the donors. I am blonde/blue and DH is brown/brown so we are open to a lot of possible combinations. The consult lasted 35 minutes (takes a long time to tell the story of 7 IVF's) They do want me to lose 20 lbs which is reasonable I think.We are going to do a fresh cycle. Same price just have to be there at the right time. I only have a couple of things to complete on the testing, mainly consents from OB and Dh semen analysis. We have been doing donor embryos for the last 3 years so he hasn't had one in 4 years. I know how bad thier frozen rates are so hoping to get lucky with a fresh cycle. With my age not a lot of clinics want to work with me. They did say they want me on Lovenox and Dexamethasone for at least the first trimester which is what I was hopeing for and they want me on 2-2.5 mg of folic acid. Cooper wouldn't do those. I don't have alot of other options with my age and only 12 grand left in ins so I will just have to hope for the best.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

Re: consult today

August 8 2012, 2:04 PM 

WOW Mary so is the 20lbs and absolute to cycle hope not. Did you get donor password if so post some donor # and I will see if memory serves me. Exciting!!

Respond to this message   
tas
(no login)

August 8 2012, 2:09 PM 

My story - one wonderful baby courtesy of a fresh cycle at CNY. 5 five day blasts (all good quality) were frozen. I did 3 frozen transfers this year - all BFN (ANYWHERE else and I bet I would be pregnant now).

Failed cycles are expensive emotionally and financially ($6k hurts even if it is less than other clinics). Their new program is so risky in my opinion - the chance of walking away with nothing is not insignificant. I personally wish they would charge fairly - and work much harder at getting women pregnant from fresh AND frozen cycles.

The clicic is nice and Dr Kilz is a kind man but - they have a low cost one-size-fits-all program. After my last BFN the nurse on the phone said "my pleasure" after I thanked her for calling. Sorry but she didn't give a hoot and could have been talking about the weather and not the loss of a full sibling for my baby.

Mary, I am sorry my message is not brighter. They do succeed (I am proof) BUT, with their current programs I am not returning.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

August 8 2012, 2:14 PM 

So very sorry for your negatives. The new program is probably the best for those who only want one child not usually the case . Food for thought for sure.. Best wishes in your next cycle

Respond to this message   

(Login parothead)

August 9 2012, 7:52 PM 

yes the 20 pounds is a must. I picked them up doing cycle #6 in Nov and #7 in April and then I gained 4 more during my 11 week pregnancy. estrogen just blows me up like the stay puff marshmallow man. It looks like CNY changes the donor profiles daily. my brain hurts from reading them all.A little annoyed some of them don't have a blood type mentioned. you know they tested for it. in addition to your list I like 49643,49030,41857 and 46886.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

CNY donors

August 9 2012, 9:44 PM 

Great past donors 41616, 37479, 35408

New no info donors 49643, 49030, 46886

NO way donor 41857!!!!

Good luck on successful weight loss..

Respond to this message   

(Login parothead)

Re: CNY donors

August 10 2012, 5:04 PM 

I like 37479 but don't see why u don't like 41857. What did I miss on her?

Respond to this message   

(Login parothead)

August 10 2012, 6:30 PM 

Denise email me at Parothead124@aol.com

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

August 10 2012, 6:43 PM 

37479 is great was a one time split donor.. 30076 from the past appeared grab her she was awesome if I remember!!

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

August 10 2012, 6:37 PM 

Only going by memory is CNY providing any stats on 41857/ failed cycles at this point I can only see pictures.

Respond to this message   

(Login parothead)

August 10 2012, 7:41 PM 

how funny you should mention 30076 I saw her and just loved her. 3x donor w/ 2 pos. 41857 4x donor w/3 pos I just emailed Kari and told her I am interested in 30076 37479 and 41857.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

August 10 2012, 9:46 PM 

Hope you get your choice weight loss will be any road block to picking donor maybe not if your first choice has to start from scratch testing wise..

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

August 13 2012, 3:21 PM 

Did you get 30076 saw she is matched..

Respond to this message   
mary
(Login parothead)

no

August 13 2012, 5:02 PM 

no I didn't but have been put on her waitlist. 41857 has been matched too but they have offered to split the cycle with me. 37479 is available. I am bummed, I emailed her on fri evening about these donors, guess I should have called first thing this morning. 30076 was only listed one day before being chosen.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

Re: no

August 13 2012, 5:28 PM 

Darn, so okay my thoughts I would not hesitate to do frozen eggs 36770 she is a superstar ASAP if possible, and stay on 30076 wait list. Splitting other donors will work as well.. Glad you have some great choices..

Respond to this message   
mary
(Login parothead)

August 13 2012, 5:34 PM 

I would like to know how many mature eggs were retrived from her previous cycle before shareing. A long way to go and alot of meds to take if there isn't enough to share. The good news is she is cycleing with the other person in Oct. would have to lose or be really close to the 20 lb weight loss by then.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

August 13 2012, 5:49 PM 

So 41857 is cycling in Oct, Or buy the two cycles for $10,000 and do that super star frozen donor first and then fresh if needed. Scratching my head on the weight loss concern just being healthy about choices from now on out should help pull it together.. Lots to consider for sure..

Respond to this message   
mary
(Login parothead)

denise

August 14 2012, 8:54 PM 

please email me. you are not going to believe what I found out today. Don't want to disclose online.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

Re: denise

August 14 2012, 10:40 PM 

ok

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - any CNY ladies out there?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement