<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

freaking out about something silly

August 8 2012 at 7:05 PM
Antonialisa  (Login Antonialisa)

You know something is really stressful when you get frazzled over silly things.

The big exciting news is that DH and I picked a donor! The bad news is I am scared that we lost her.

As you know, it is a strange process, like being on a dating website. We were discouraged by the initial profiles of donors and the whole thing was a bit depressing. There was no one that we really liked at all. Then magically, the perfect donor for us appeared on the list. Both DH and I were very happy with her. We informed the clinic of our preference.

At 6am yesterday, our clinic sent us an email telling us that she is available and that we must confirm within 2 business days or else they could not guarantee availabililty. OVer the phone, they told us to confirm by the end of the day today. Due to being on a camping trip with poor connectivity, I was not able to confirm until about 5:40pm today.

Now I'm scared that we lost the only donor we both liked. I'm scared they scratched us off the list at 5pm. Please tell me that I am being ridiculous.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dee
(no login)

Re: freaking out about something silly

August 8 2012, 7:10 PM 

Does "end of the day" mean 5 p.m., or does it mean literally the end of the day? I would think calling at 5:40 would be fine.

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(Login Antonialisa)

Yes, exactly!

August 8 2012, 7:23 PM 

I don't know whether it means 5pm exactly. We had to reply in writing or by fax or email - not phone - so that is why I couldn't do it from the campground.

One interpretation of 2 business days is 6am tomorrow morning - 48 hours after we got the email. Another would be 5pm today. But if they had a 5pm sharp deadline they would say that, right?

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

5pm in what time zone?

August 8 2012, 8:07 PM 

End of the day can mean so many different things!! Hope you get her! I can't match until I finish my mock cycle (that I just started today) and it is agonzing waiting to see if the donor I like will be available or not. GL:-)

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(Login Antonialisa)

Mrs. McIrish!!!

August 8 2012, 8:51 PM 

I don't hang out so much on the high fsh board anymore so I didn't realize that you made it this far on the DE route. Congratulations to you! I am finding it super nerve racking but I am feeling WAY more positive and excited than I was with my OE.

Please post here from time to time so we can follow your journey over here.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the donor you want.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

Hello

August 8 2012, 9:30 PM 

I haven't been hanging out on the other board much myself! DH said "yes" to DE on July 4th so I have run with it before he changes his mind!

I will definitely will update when I know more. Wishing you GL:-)

Respond to this message   
Dee
(no login)

Re: Yes, exactly!

August 8 2012, 8:47 PM 

Did you confirm by voicemail, or did you talk to a live person when you called? Call them back tomorrow and ask if she is still available.

Respond to this message   
tothemoonandback
(Login tothemoonandback)

Re: freaking out about something silly

August 8 2012, 8:12 PM 

Congratulations!! I picked mine today as well! Here's hoping that it works for both of us happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(no login)

Congrats!

August 10 2012, 10:37 PM 

Good luck to you and keep us informed!

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(Login Antonialisa)

UPDATE: EVERYTHING OK

August 8 2012, 8:47 PM 

We are on track and everything is okay! Got confirmation that we got our preferred donor. I could already see how silly I was going to feel with the relief of getting this information. Heehee

What a rollercoaster ride.

Thanks so much for showing empathy and responding!!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

Awesome!!!! Congrats n/t

August 8 2012, 9:31 PM 

Respond to this message   
DeeinNYC
(no login)

Glad it worked out!!!

August 8 2012, 10:12 PM 

Yeah!! So excited for you!!! Good luck!!! FX!!

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(no login)

Thanks, Dee

August 8 2012, 10:37 PM 

I am really, really hoping that next time is your lucky cycle. I think of you often. I will email when I know the schedule - wouldn't it be fun to be cycle buddies!

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

so glad to hear that

August 10 2012, 3:25 PM 

all worked out ok - and not silly at all to be freaked out/upset about this- donor selection is such a critical part of the whole puzzle! Fingers crossed for you. I have a good feeling! SMRC

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(no login)

thanks, SMRC!

August 10 2012, 10:36 PM 

I'm feeling pretty positive, thanks! DH and I are both high achievers and he was a classical musician prior to changing careers. When we first looked at the list, we were thinking we may end up with a donor who is a country-music lover who is studying cosmetology (we had to look that one up). But as it turns out, our donor has a lot in common with us and appears to be more beautiful, more talented and smarter than me (yippee!).

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive. It is just that I am already raising 2 stepchildren, one of whom I really have nothing in common with, and both of whom (of course) like DH's ex-wife way better than me. I really would like a child I have something in common with and can easily relate to.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - freaking out about something silly
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement