<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

transfer questions

August 27 2012 at 11:41 AM
Antonialisa  (no login)

With these questions you can tell I'm a newbie here, hehehe.

Is it a good idea to plan a 1/2 day or day of bedrest after an embryo transfer? Should I avoid lifting anything heavy? I'm preparing arrangements and flights right now.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Raindrops1)

Hi Antonialisa.

August 27 2012, 11:51 AM 

Well my RE told me to just go about life as usual after my transfer, no bedrest at all. I was told not to lift anything heavy and avoid saunas and hot tubs. I had a lot of anxiety that day so I went on a walk for at least an hour that afternoon after transfer in the hot sun. Didn't hurt a thing happy.gif

I think some RE's do recommend bedrest still. I personally think going for a nice walk helps with the blood flow though. Wishing you luck!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: transfer questions

August 27 2012, 12:26 PM 

My Dr. recommended I take it easy (don't go to work afterwards), but not bedrest.
And don't lift anything over 40 lbs.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

cont'd from above...

August 27 2012, 12:29 PM 

take it easy the day of the transfer; and don't lift anything heavy at least until the pregnancy test.

Respond to this message   
thesameboat
(no login)

The most important thing is avoiding heat

August 27 2012, 12:49 PM 

You don't want to take hot baths or showers. Anything that might mimic a fever would be bad. Lifting is also something to avoid. I did bedrest some transfers and others not, but did for both of my successful transfers. (Still doesn't mean it's necessary.)

Maybe for your own peace of mind, if you can and it's not to inconvenient, take the rest of the day off to lounge in bed and nap.

Wishing you luck.

Respond to this message   
Dee
(no login)

Re: transfer questions

August 27 2012, 1:11 PM 

bedrest is not necessary.

Respond to this message   
Zoya2
(no login)

I also had this question

August 27 2012, 2:34 PM 

when I was going through my out of town transfer a couple of months ago. My clinic recommends 36 hours of bedrest, but retrieval and transfer were a day later than expected, which meant that I would have had to change flights to get the full 36 hours.

In the end I decided not to come home on a later flight - I only had 15 hours of bedrest. My clinic (whom I love) admitted that the research does not necessarily support bedrest, but they wanted to be cautious. They asked that I stay hydrated and recline as much as possible on the plane, not lift heavy things, and not do anything to raise my body temperature (exercise, hot bath, sauna).

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

there are quite a few posts on bedrest

August 27 2012, 7:44 PM 

on here. As someone who travels between the U.S. and Canada quite a bit, at leasr 24-36 hours of doing nothing and laying down and resting is what I felt like mentally I needed, before getting on a plane. Whether it was physically beneficial, I can't say.

My last post-transfer experience (where I had success) is on this string here.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/message/1340340502/Talk+to+me+about+bed+rest+or+lack+thereof+%28OE+ment%29

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(no login)

thanks, ladies!

August 27 2012, 10:02 PM 

Thanks for all the posts!

My clinic does not recommend bed rest but there is something about it that seems intuitive. I know the embryo can't "fall out" but there is something reassuring about laying down for a bit to help it stick, even if this is not rational.

I think I'll relax the remainder of the day and fly back the next day.

As we get closer, I'm just so grateful for this Board. Thanks for all your help and advice. I've come a long way in the past few months!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - transfer questions
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement