<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HCG very slow to come down. Should I be worried?

January 24 2014 at 12:33 PM
AC in Boston  (no login)

Since my began began dropping on January 5th I've been on the most fantastic roller coaster (insert eye rolling). It dropped on the 5th. It went back on on the 10th. It's been coming down since them but very slowly. Yesterday my HCG was 40, down from 65 5 days earlier.

I started bleeding on January 8th. I had a day with heavy flow, one day with medium flow. Since the 10th I have had a very light period. So this is my 16th day bleeding. Lovely...

I have another blood test Monday and at that point a decision will be made regarding D&C or laparoscopy. I'm trying not to be stressed but this experience is so different than my other loss and I want it to end. Safely. Should I be concerned at this point? Are there questions I should be asking? I feel like I'm in uncharted water. Thank you!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AC in Boston
(no login)

quick correction!

January 24 2014, 12:36 PM 

Quick correction: Ignore my HCG numbers. Typos. Grrr.

My HCG is 40. It only came down 5 mIU/ml in 5 days.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. M
(no login)

You are in my thoughts

January 24 2014, 12:36 PM 

I have advice but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping you have closure soon.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

HCG slow

January 24 2014, 1:01 PM 

FWIW, my HCG was 575 on 2/19/13. It was 3 on 3/11/13. It took a while. I would give it more time before I did a D&C sinceit is dropping but obviously do whatever your RE suggests. I totally understand and empathize with just wanting it over with.. Having the constant reminder makes it had to move past it.

Respond to this message   
sugar
(no login)

My experience

January 24 2014, 4:09 PM 

It took more than 8 weeks for my beta to get to 0. And I bled out at least that long. I had it retested 1x week. When it got down to the double digits it seemed to take forever to go down only moving a few points per week. It was a long haul physically and emotionally -you want it to be over so that you can pick up the pieces and move forward but constant bleeding and weekly blood tests keep you from seeing any light at the end of what seems a never ending tunnel. My RE did not want me to do a d&c at the time b/c he wanted me to cycle again right away as the clock was ticking loudly so I just waited and waited. A nurse at the clinic told me that slow dropping beta's are not unusual and it just takes time. In my case it felt like an eternity. Really sorry you are in this place.

Respond to this message   
Sophie
(Login sophie6)

slow at the end

January 24 2014, 5:39 PM 

That's how mine often went. The wait is awful, but you will likely have a full period before it hits zero.

It's stressful just wanting it to be over so you can move on. Hugs to you! Hang in there!

Respond to this message   
AC in Boston
(Login GeminiWW)

Update

January 27 2014, 5:35 PM 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm less worried. I had a call with my RE and she's not especially concerned since it wasn't very high. She was comfortable having me hold off until 2/1 for my next blood test. If it hasn't come done she's more inclined to do a biopsy the following week instead of a D&C.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement