Return to Index  

Vickers Tank Pt.4

September 2 2009 at 11:30 PM

Ted Preston  (Login TeddieP)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 24.79.244.203

Man, I can't believe the great stuff being posted here. I regret being away from it so long. I finally had the chance to get back at the Vickers tank. In our last episode, dear listeners, we had finished off the turret and started on some interior detail:
[linked image]
[linked image]
I added some bent-wire tiller bars and a stretched-sprue shift lever inside:
[linked image]
Roland our intrepid tank driver is sporting a new uniform of Humbrol khaki with masking tape webbing of Tamiya Buff. He seems a good fit:
[linked image]
The engine cover has a lifting lever that on the kit part actually looks okay. But it kept bothering me, so I hacked it off and scratched a new lever from 005 thou card:
[linked image]
I got a start on some new driver hatch covers. The bottom piece, when open, is just a bare plate according to the reference photos I have:
[linked image]
[linked image]
The other side of the plate has some metal reinforcing strips:
[linked image]
But the reinforcement strips are barely visible on the model:
[linked image]
The commander figure is an HO scale engineer I found in the spares box. The head was way too small, so off it came, replaced with one from (I think) a figure from the Hasegawa Churchill Mk.1 kit. He got the same uniform treatment as our friend Roland:
[linked image]
You can see on the hull plate an unfinished bit from the upper driver's hatch, with a new visor plate cobbled together from styrene sheet:
[linked image]
Well, that's today's update. Hope you enjoy!
Best! Ted!

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters